Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

7400 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2009 8:50 PM by Jaye Orrell RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • KBT_Folly Pro 173 posts since
    Jul 5, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Aug 1, 2009 12:00 PM (in response to rdhwyalane)
    Re: heavy runners & C25K
    rdhwyalane wrote:

Hi Emily.  I asked the same question on here the other day!  It is my understanding that you do a 5-minute warm up, then 20 minutes of intervals, for a total of 25 minutes.

ALANE :o)

Don't forget the 5 minute cool-down walk, taking the total to 30 minutes.

My blog: Folly or Feasible?

• Donna914 Legend 357 posts since
    Aug 2, 2009
    16. Aug 2, 2009 4:46 PM (in response to hillcityjosh047)

Hi I finished Day 2 Week 2 yesterday  Saturday and planning to do Week 2 Day 3 tomorrow morning. I have lost 30 pounds but need to lose abot 100 more.  I have been doing pretty good so far; I am wondering how Week 3 will be.

I downloaded an app for my iphone for C25K and it has you warm up for 5 min; do your running/walking the next 21 min and cool down for 5 minutes in the first week for a total of 31 min. The second week, warm up 5, running/walking 19 min and cool down for 5 minutes for a total of 29 min.  I love the app which dings and also tells me out loud when to walk and when to run.

• Jaye Orrell Amateur 19 posts since
    Jul 15, 2009
    17. Sep 26, 2009 8:50 PM (in response to pbuth)

You might also check out the Running Mate 5K 101 program.  It;s an 8 week gradual program with a set of coached podcasts that go with it which are also set to good running music.  Here's the link if interested:    www.5K101.com

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...