Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1210 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2009 4:30 PM by cyndi t Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Nobby063 Rookie 630 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jul 5, 2007 11:13 PM (in response to Edith Georgi)
    Re: Sweat making my shoes soggy

quote:

Originally posted by Harper:

Sweat bands for the wrist, except put them around your ankles. If you can find ones large enough. Keeps the sweat from running down legs into shoes.

Ah!  Lasse Viren did that in the marathon (his first) at Montreal Olympics.  But he "only" finished 5th...

• Brian1826 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jul 15, 2009
    16. Aug 9, 2009 11:57 AM (in response to jrich7970)

I live in nj too, but just a heavey sweater....if you are running a race, do you change socks and shoes at the point of when the squish squish starts...ususally around the 6 mile maker for me.

• cyndi t Legend 1,061 posts since
    Aug 11, 2008
    17. Aug 9, 2009 4:30 PM (in response to jrich7970)

I'm a Jersey Girl myself and I think I was outside at the same time on same day.....I find that I remove my insoles and when I'm home and things seem to dry out by the next time but I will by myself another pair of shoes and alternate because I had a horrible wet shoe issue with rain last weekend....logging way to many miles for just 1 pair!

TRUST THE TRAINING!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...