Skip navigation

975 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2009 7:22 AM by Donna_De RSS 1 2 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 8, 2009 11:05 PM

Rush Triathlon 2009 Reviews

Share your experiences with the Rush Triathlon 2009 below

Back to event details page.

• TriStud25 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 8, 2009
    1. Jan 8, 2009 11:05 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Rush Triathlon 2009 Reviews

This event took a leap forward when it brought Personal Best Performance on board.  Way to go City!

• Senior Steve Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    2. Aug 16, 2009 10:52 AM (in response to Guest )

Excellent tri! LOTS of volunteers (I think they activated the LDS church). Good support by law enforcement (every intersection was well manned). Good night-before-the-race briefing (with a special briefing for newbies). Spectacular course (open water swim in pleasant lake, great bike ride with a 300-foot(?) climb, fun run with a 300-foot climb on single-track, and a finish on a high-school track). I'll be back.

• Scuba11 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 25, 2007
    3. Aug 16, 2009 11:26 AM (in response to Guest )

I've participated in this event for the past 3 years. I happened upon it by accident originally, but I am glad I did. The race organizers do a great job and they have a great course. Losing the course record yesterday was tough, but I still had a great race and it's nice to see the competition that this race can draw - with a former olympian, young, fast up and comers, some ironman competitors, and a great compliment of various racers/participants from the community and around. Even the mayor of Rexburg did his first tri at the event yesterday. I would HIGHLY recommend this event to anyone looking for a great, fun race to throw into their season!!

• jenhirr Legend 314 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    4. Aug 16, 2009 11:34 AM (in response to Guest )

I have done this race for five years and it keeps getting better.  In fact, yesterday was the most enjoyable time for me.  I had the slowest finishing time I've ever had but I had the most amount of fun.  Thank you.

• VeeClark Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 4, 2009
    5. Aug 16, 2009 12:25 PM (in response to Guest )

As a first timer to any triathlon, this was a wonderful experience! The event was very well organized, the volunteers were friendly and helpful and it really helped to have the newbie meeting the night before. And the course was fantastic as well! I will absolutely be back next year.

• Tyler-83709 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    6. Aug 16, 2009 1:01 PM (in response to Guest )

Awesome event! Very well organized with a ton of volunteers. It felt great to have the community behind the race with the Sheriffs and police department directing traffic, and volunteers on every turn. I will definitely be back next year. One tiny suggestion is that I imagine that the competitors would like medals instead of the plaque-things given this year to the top 3 finishers. At the same time, it was neat to recognize all competitors with finishing medallions. Great Job!!!

• mbish Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 10, 2009
    7. Aug 16, 2009 1:03 PM (in response to Guest )

my 3rd year very well done and a great time!

• jace'smom Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 15, 2008
    8. Aug 16, 2009 3:34 PM (in response to Guest )

This was an excellent experience. Water temp was perfect. I loved the course. The hills were just the right amount of challenge, and also kept it interesting. The run was the most varied 5 K I've ever done, and it made it feel like a breeze.

• rhondaaliah Rookie 4 posts since
    Jan 7, 2008
    9. Aug 16, 2009 7:19 PM (in response to Guest )

I had a great race. This is my 4th time coimpeting and it is always very pleasent. great volunteers.  Thanks for a great race.

• earlblower Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 29, 2009
    10. Aug 16, 2009 9:28 PM (in response to Guest )

The 2009 Rush was a terrific event.  The organizers came up with a ton of volunteers who stood by at every stop sign and every turn of the race to make sure everyone stayed on the right track.  City police controlled traffic and made sure everyone stayed safe.  The "lake" was warm, the bike course was fast, and the run was challenging.  A big salute to the City of Rexburg, Personal Best Performance, Michael Hays and all the others who put it together.

• Zach Cordell Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 27, 2009
    11. Aug 17, 2009 5:28 AM (in response to Guest )

The Rush was a great triathlon for us first timers! My entire team loved it and decided next time that we won't do it as a team. That's not because we don't like each other but we are going to have to try to win it on our own. Watch out boys but Cordell Cycling is coming back next year! The race was great though. It was a ton of fun and the guys putting it together loved it. It was organized perfectly so that those that were just caught up in the race day frenzy couldn't help but do what they were supposed to. Thanks guys!

• Jaima Gill Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 22, 2008
    12. Aug 17, 2009 9:54 AM (in response to Guest )

This is only my 2nd triathlon, but I was not very pleased about a couple things: 1) Starting men and women together in the swim.  It wasn't that crowded, but having waves of starts would have been less stressful for me. 2) No night before set up. I would have liked to get everything set up the night before and been done with it. 3) No full loop course.  I wish it would have ended the same place we started so we didn't have to wait for the shuttles to drive us back to our cars/T1. 4) Packet pick-up was not super convenient (website said we had to pick up by 4pm but then packets were available at the dinner and the morning of the event) nor was the City Hall easy to find for out of towners who may not be familiar with the AMET building or the old JC Penney.

On the positive side, the volunteers were amazing and the course was fairly challenging.

• Jana D Dennison Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 5, 2009
    13. Aug 18, 2009 6:50 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my third triathlon and my favorite!   Everything was put together great (except the slim pickings on the potato bake - after 1/2 hour).  The volunteers were awesome and I loved that they helped you out of your wetsuit.  I wasn't fast . . . and the course was challenging, but it really made me feel like I earned this one.  Thanks to Rexburg and the participants in making the event possible.  I will definitely be there next year.  I loved the jersey shirts, the goo packs, hammer water, the fact that some one was there taking pictures, the lap at the end of the run, etc.  Everyone involved was very positive and helpful during the race.  It was awesome!  I am bringing my siblings and their spouses next year and we are going to make it a family event!  THANKS!

• gjazevedo Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 13, 2007
    14. Aug 19, 2009 7:35 AM (in response to Guest )

After more tri's than I care to admit to, the Rush has become the best in Southeast Idaho (Emmett still my state favorite). It gets better every year. Great course no matter what level you are, awsome people and community support. My only complaint, I wish they would go to the clean transition area rules they use in Boise 70.3, and maybe add a Elite wave . This is a top notch run tri, and highly recommend putting it on your schedule.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...