Skip navigation

2157 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2009 8:40 AM by DCtoPgh RSS
lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,269 posts since
Jan 18, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 16, 2009 8:09 AM

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

From the drag-strip ads, nothing to do with any movie.

Didn't run today, but got a rather leisurely 14 miles on my bike. Checked some of my running routes. Rode some roads I haven't been on in a while, including some substantial hills.

Len

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    1. Aug 16, 2009 8:32 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    Re: Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

7 miles and every. single. step. HURT. My left leg is totally jacked up from the hip to the ankle, my back and shoulder are bruised. It's 85 degrees out. Wah wah, whine, whine. Running sucks a week out from a marathon and a few days after a car accident. My body hates me.

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• MikeDaMarine08 We're Not Worthy 2,498 posts since
    Aug 14, 2008
    2. Aug 16, 2009 8:41 AM (in response to DCtoPgh)

I had planned to get in 18 this morning........... With my longer runs, I have used a 4 mile loop around the house to make hydration easier as I can stop each lap at the house.  Midway into my 3rd loop the heat started to get the better of me again and I made the decision to call it a day after 13.  I probably could have gutted out another loop, but I did not want to risk it as my training has been going really well as of late.  If I can get my sorry a$$ out of bed and get started at 0530 instead of 0630 I think I will be alright.

MCM '09, '10, '11

Richmond Marathon '09

RNR Arizona Marathon '10

RNR Mardi Gras Marathon '10

Shamrock Marathon '10, '12

Frederick Marathon '10

Madison Marathon '10

1/2 Sauer 1/2 Kraut Marathon '10

Baltimore Marathon '10

Outer Banks Marathon '10

Seashore 50K

Houston '12

Flying Pig '12

Next Race - MCM Baby!!!!!!

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    3. Aug 16, 2009 8:47 AM (in response to DCtoPgh)

My Sunday was a rough one.  I bagged any idea of running today and instead decided to try and enjoy a day just hanging out.  I installed a CD/MP3 player in the van we bought here.  I then went to the grocery store since it isn't open on Mondays.  I was about to leave and head out to some hiking trails and maybe a short run. hike through the woods but was detered by things that needed my attention here.  I have not had my own home for close to 3 months now.  By my own home I mean my own stuff.  I don't have a comfortable place to sit, sleep, relax and just enjoy.  I never should have extended my stay in Mississippi because had I not done so I could be in my own place with my own stuff already.  It has been a good day for self pity and reflection all at the same time.  I get into a place on Tuesday and they will be delivering my chair, couch and bed along with my own kitchen stuff so all is not bad.  I will pick up my running tomorrow morning but I sure did need today so that I can continue to have an appreciation for the air I breathe.  No running but the title was SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! with no mention of running.

To add insult to injury I found a really nice up-scale bike store but it is closed for the week for "holiday".  I really miss my Old Dudes and the Sunday runs and sitting around afterwards drinking coffee followed by a dose of good praise msic at church.  Anyways it is well after midnight here and I need to try and get to sleep.

Jimmy

This place is like home!!!!

• Noskillzrunning Pro 104 posts since
    Mar 2, 2009
    4. Aug 16, 2009 1:30 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

15 miler today. Pace was fairly slow but that was the plan so I'm fine with it.

My sport is your sport's punishment

• staving off decrepitude Legend 1,193 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Aug 16, 2009 2:10 PM (in response to Noskillzrunning)

I'll do 4 miles after work this evening. Did a total of 19 miles last week with 10 the longest run. Tra la la. It's pretty nice to NOT be doing a marathon this year!

Chocolate is very nice.
  • dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008

Lee, chocolate is nice and you could have double the amount if you were running a marathon.    Rest day for me today.  Although I did do some swimming in the lake.  It was lovely.  Purely for pleasure no excercise intended whatsoever.

• stewilli Pro 87 posts since
    Oct 24, 2007
    7. Aug 16, 2009 5:15 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

As of right now I am still not running a marathon this year, but just in case I do I am following a training plan targeting Richmond.  Today was a 12 mile run.  I planned on running my 6 mile loop twice, but mid run decided to add in a few extra turns and ended up running an 8 and 4 mile loop.  I struggled through the 12 miles, but did finish.  I hope these runs get easier.

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    8. Aug 16, 2009 7:29 PM (in response to stewilli)

Yep, they do!!!

• Charlie!2 Legend 1,128 posts since
    Jan 21, 2008
    9. Aug 17, 2009 4:16 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

Haven't done anything since last weeks Mud Run because of illness.  Felt good today but didn't want to over do it all in one day and get sore.  So 15min on the Lifecycle, 15min on the elliptical, 20min on the treadmill and 15min on the stairstepper.  Took it real easy for all of it and felt really good at the end and do soreness today.

• Julie95300 Expert 54 posts since
    Apr 8, 2009
    10. Aug 17, 2009 6:32 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

I went 7.5 miles for my Sunday. It was probably one of the worst pace runs ever. But it was surely better than sitting on the couch!

This coming Sunday will be 19-20 miles.

~julie

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    11. Aug 17, 2009 6:52 AM (in response to Julie95300)

For the first time ever, both biking AND swimming ate up more weekend time than running, the biking being local and the swimming in a lake 40 minutes drive away.  Friends let me ride out to the middle of the lake, their dogs on the boat enjoying my unsuccessful pursuit of two ducks.  The hour or so included several stretches of going nowhere as fast as I could against a current, swimming past a little island, going under some rocky cliffs, and swimming back to their dock.  Here's a salute to all you triathletes who are actually game enough to RACE all three!

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    12. Aug 17, 2009 7:05 AM (in response to Immer treu)

Immer treu wrote:

Here's a salute to all you triathletes who are actually game enough to RACE all three!

I have one coming up on September 20th.  It is a solid Olympic length tri.  I found a nice bike shop today and Liz really didn't balk when I told her Iwas gonna buy a new road bike.  She actually told me to wait til we had all the things for our new house and then I could get a nice one. ($1200- $2000 range).  I am totally siked to be finding a new race event to expand my arsenal.  I have done many sprint distance and shorter marathons but really think I will find me an ironman in Australia to go with my Great Wall of China Marathon.  Where there is a will there is a way.

Jimmy

This place is like home!!!!

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    13. Aug 17, 2009 7:23 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

A Japanese tri should be a cultural experience in itself.  Are there some key phrases you'll need to master?

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    14. Aug 17, 2009 8:40 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    Jimmy_D_Jarhead wrote:
    Immer treu wrote:

Here's a salute to all you triathletes who are actually game enough to RACE all three!I have done many sprint distance and shorter marathons but really think I will find me an ironman in Australia to go with my Great Wall of China Marathon. Where there is a will there is a way.

Jimmy, we've gotta talk. Seriously. I want to do an Ironman in the next year or two and you know how I feel about traveling the world. Interested in planning some adventures?

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...