Skip navigation

599 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2009 6:49 AM by Eszterke RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 17, 2009 10:53 AM

Broadwalk 4 Miler Reviews

Share your experiences with the Broadwalk 4 Miler below Back to event details page.

• Eric E Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 21, 2007
    1. Aug 17, 2009 10:53 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Broadwalk 4 Miler Reviews

While the Boardwalk on Hollywood Beach was beautiful and the weather could not have been more perfect, I could not find the race nor any organizers for the run.  I arrived early to register and the directions of "1 N Surf Road" lead me to the Boardwalk between Thomas and New Mexico where I did not find anyone.  I sent a message to its organizer and await a response.  I ran and enjoyed my time but I would think twice about spending/donating $$ to a race that did not exist....

• James A. Quinn Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 27, 2009
    2. Aug 17, 2009 10:55 AM (in response to Guest )

I found maybe 10 fellow runners and none of us could find the start line.  Noone seemed to be there.  We all ran anyway, but I'm not sure what I paid for.  The "race" was disappointing.

• Gaelle Moise Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 10, 2009
    3. Aug 18, 2009 4:01 AM (in response to Guest )

A total scam, I don't mind participating in a small group run and being "green" as was the pitch for this race, but there was no organizer!!!! Likewise, my boyfriend and I ended up running anyways, but it was unacceptable to not have the proper location to meet up, as I could not find 1 N Surf rd. and to not even show up. I really question where my money actually went so I cancelled the charge through my credit card, obviously these people do not care about their charity that much, so why should I?

• Herrera's Team Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 22, 2009
    4. Aug 20, 2009 6:10 AM (in response to Guest )

I agree with everyone's review.  My husband and I drove/walked around the area and could not find any gathering for a race.  We decided to run along Hollywood Boardwalk and north to Dania Beach hoping to find it along the way but could not find anything.  Active.com should not associate itself with this organization.

• ActiveAdmin Active.com Staff 61 posts since
    May 2, 2007
    5. Aug 26, 2009 2:31 PM (in response to Guest )

Active.com Community Members,

Thank you for sharing your recent comments regarding the MOVFitness running events. Your valuable reviews and comments on Active.com?s community board and event detail pages help ensure that races featured on our site are accurately portrayed and greatly assist other members looking for events to participate in.

Upon reading comments about the MOVFitness events in particular, we spoke with the race director to get more information and address some of the concerns you communicated. As a result, all upcoming MOVFitness runs listed on Active.com now include the following statement in the event description:

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS GROUP RUN DOES NOT PROVIDE SECURITY STAFF, ROAD CLOSURES FOR THE ROUTE, WATER STATIONS OR ON SITE MEDICAL STAFF.

We hope that this paints a more accurate picture of what others who sign up for these events can expect. Additionally, if you previously paid for this event and were not satisfied with your experience based on the description, MOVFitness has offered to refund your money. This can be done by emailing info@movfitness.com or calling (805) 960-5310. We have also asked MOVFitness to address some of your comments directly on the Active.com message boards and hope to get a response soon.

Your feedback is what makes Active.com such a useful and popular site for active people, and we encourage you continue sharing your thoughts and opinions about races and events posted here. We also welcome your ideas about how we can improve the site in general.

Thank you!

• Eszterke Rookie 5 posts since
    Feb 11, 2009
    6. Sep 6, 2009 6:49 AM (in response to Guest )

Me and my husband also could not find the race, we were very disappointed.

we will not go to this `phantom-race` anymore for sure

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...