Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

7149 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 11:59 PM by hidrate
jbarnett33 Expert 35 posts since
Apr 1, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 22, 2009 11:21 AM

Gatorade vs. Gatorade G2

Regular gatorade or Gatorade G2! Which do you prefer after a good workout?

• Optimal Nutrition Inc. Amateur 30 posts since
    Jul 7, 2008
    1. Aug 26, 2009 8:48 PM (in response to jbarnett33)
    Re: Gatorade vs. Gatorade G2

Many answers to this question.  Personally, I like regular G before and during a workout.  I don't really like any calorie-free sweeteners (purely taste preference) and I'm pretty thin, so I need the calories.

I recommend G2 for people who don't exercise that intensely and/or who are looking to shed a few pounds (and can't really afford any extra calories).  The products are identical, with G2 having half the Calories of G.

Neither one works that well as a recovery drink, however, since they don't have any protein.  But sorts drinks are better than nothing after a workout since they can at least replace electrolytes, water, and carbohydrate.

Justin Robinson, MA,RD,CSSD,CSCS
    Consultant - Optimal Nutrition
    www.optimalnutritioninc.com

• KWiley112 Rookie 7 posts since
    Apr 11, 2008
    3. Sep 2, 2009 8:00 AM (in response to jbarnett33)

While G2 does have less calories than regular Gatorade, both have less electrolytes than Sustain Sport by Melaleuca.  Sustain Sport has 4 electrolytes with only 30 calories per 16oz serving and  three flavor choices, Berry, Orange and Lemon. 

Only Sustain Sport packs 4 electrolytes (twice as many as Gatorade® Thirst Quencher Original Orange) into each serving to give your body what it needs most. This proprietary complex of calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium rejuvenates in four ways:

• Rehydrates your cells for proper bodily functions

• Maximizes muscle performance to let you work better longer

• Helps convert carbs into energy for school, work, activities, or sports

• Minimizes muscle tissue breakdown to protect you from early fatigue and muscle cramps

Sustain Sport is only one of 350+ healthy, safe products from Melaleuca.

• MRJhikerbikerkayaker Rookie 1 posts since
    May 25, 2010
    4. Jun 22, 2010 9:00 PM (in response to jbarnett33)

Great information here. I appreciate all that you have shared. I tend to down a Gatorade or 2 a day. Usually to hydrate and replace electrolytes when I am busy doing things that exert energy before a ride at evening time.

My aunt drinks something that is a recovery drink. I want to check and see what it is.

Sincerely,

Michael J.

Woodbridge, VA

The Great Outdoors are Great, because they are much larger than we could ever imagine.

• infoalberghi Rookie 3 posts since
    Dec 17, 2010
    5. Dec 17, 2010 3:07 PM (in response to jbarnett33)

no doubt for me: after an intense workout I do prefer the regular G.

• hidrate Rookie 5 posts since
    May 23, 2013
    6. May 23, 2013 11:59 PM (in response to jbarnett33)
    Gatorade vs. Gatorade G2

Im not sure if anyone is interested by to address issues and problems like this, we are working on a biosensor that will help you track your hydration levels in real-time, but importantly it will tell you what to drink - electrolytes (or deeper like primarily sodium and potassium), carbohydrates,and water.

Anyone interested in learning more, here is the site: http://hi-drate.me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...