Skip navigation

719 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2009 10:33 AM by PrafulGupta RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 29, 2009 7:41 AM

7th Annual Adams Realtors Run for the Park Reviews

Share your experiences with the 7th Annual Adams Realtors Run for the Park below Back to event details page.

• Karrianne Amateur 10 posts since
    Aug 18, 2009
    1. Aug 29, 2009 7:41 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 7th Annual Adams Realtors Run for the Park Reviews

This was my first 5k, and it was fun! I can't wait for the next 5k!

• Luker325 Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 29, 2009
    2. Aug 29, 2009 1:48 PM (in response to Guest )

Same here... i ran 28:30

• SuzieLove Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 12, 2009
    3. Aug 30, 2009 10:17 AM (in response to Guest )

This was also my first 5k and I thought there was a good turn-out with lots of enthusiastic runners! Although I was slower than Luker325's 28:30, I thought this was a fun first race to run!

• hlaspm Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 26, 2008
    4. Aug 30, 2009 11:14 AM (in response to Guest )

Actually about 150 feet short of a 5K.

The start of the race was the worst part.

The organizers put the finish gates right in front of the start line.  This means that runners (filling up the width of the street) had to funnel into one lane (not easy). Then after making it past the finish line timers, tables and junk we were then free again to open up to the entire road width.  With 400 runners it was not such a good way to start the race.

The course was safe as the Atlanta Police handled the traffic.

The hills on the second mile are the tougest for any Atlanta 5K minus the one at Georgia TECH.

I would like to run the race again next year if the organizer agrees to fix the start/finish area.

• BCampanaro Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 11, 2009
    5. Aug 30, 2009 11:29 AM (in response to Guest )

Good race, plenty of refreshments at end of race. A bit disappointed that pre-registered runners were not able to get a shirt (ran out of everything but XL). If you are pre-registered with a chosen shirt size that should be a good indicator of what sizes for the organizers of the event to purchase and walk ups would just have to wait for a shirt?

Aug 29, 2009
    6. Aug 30, 2009 12:18 PM (in response to SuzieLove)

i'm only 11 did u stay for the awards ceremony i won 3rd place

Aug 29, 2009
    7. Aug 30, 2009 12:19 PM (in response to BCampanaro)

i was a walk up and i still got a shirt. probaly b/c my dad and I got there at like 6:30 A.M.

• Betsyk2 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 15, 2008
    8. Aug 30, 2009 1:53 PM (in response to Guest )

Beautiful course around Grant Park.  I really enjoyed the race.  I disagree with the reviewer who said the course was 150 feet short -- my garmin had it exactly on at 3.11 miles.  I was a little annoyed that the line to pick up your number for the pre-registered runners was longer than the line for the walk-ups, but besides that, it was a good neighborhood 5k.

• Richard Bakare Amateur 17 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    9. Aug 30, 2009 3:09 PM (in response to Guest )

Good race course and the weather was cooperative. It looped back on itself only in one spot and had a good mix of up and down hills. The humidity hit like a brick at the beginning but the overall temperatures were low. The crowd was a good running crowd with few walkers and lots of teams. Lastly, the festival at Grant park made for a good post race wrap up. I ran in the male 25-29 age group with a time of 22:45.

Simplicty is the ultimate form of sophistication - Da Vinci

• murye Expert 16 posts since
    May 31, 2008
    10. Aug 30, 2009 5:18 PM (in response to Guest )

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/ga/atlanta/761125155962538798

This is always a good event.

Weatherwise, the cloud cover thankfully held for the duration of the race, but that also meant that it was really muggy.

The course takes runners through the Grant Park neighborhood, one of Atlanta's most historic and beautiful areas, and loops around the park itself. The link above will take you to the unofficial course map.

Like other intown races, this one is very hilly, though no more so than similar courses in Virginia-Highland, Ansley Park/Midtown or Candler Park. Though this one does seem different in that it feels like a slow, steady uphill climb for about 2 miles, then one steep downhill section and a mostly level run to the finish.

The biggest downside to the course is the long stretch along Boulevard which is run on the sidewalk, which isn't ideal. I guess the city probably won't permit blocking off a lane.

All in all though, a nice event with good awards, nice T-shirts (Though they run out every year. Last year I did get mine in the mail a couple of weeks later.)

Race results for this race director are usually posted at http://www.running4fitness.com/Results.htm. Typically an announcement of award winners is posted in a couple of days, with full results to follow about a week later.

EDIT:  RB, thanks for the link to the photos!

• sabyrd Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 4, 2009
    11. Sep 4, 2009 9:28 AM (in response to Guest )

I really enjoyed this 5k. It was my first, and it was fabulous. I was dissapointed that there were no shirts available in my size, even though we pre-registered. Maybe next time, make people who register day off wait until after the pre-registered folks have all gotten their shirts?

• PrafulGupta Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 30, 2008
    12. Sep 4, 2009 10:33 AM (in response to Guest )

It was a pretty good race and the weather was a little humid but still ok. It was around Grant park, the area was beautiful too. The route had its share of hills too. I didnt like the race number pick up; the line was huge and then you had to walk back to the car to put the goody bag back. Also, they only had one water stand at the very first mile, I would move it out to the 2nd mile since its too early to drink water. I ran it in 32 mins.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...