Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

611 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2009 5:13 PM by ActiveAdmin
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 16, 2009 10:35 AM

Central Park 5k Run & Walk Reviews

Share your experiences with the Central Park 5k Run & Walk below Back to event details page.

• T2MG Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 24, 2009
    1. Jun 16, 2009 10:35 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Central Park 5k Run & Walk Reviews

well, lets see, considering I received an email notification at 9:30pm the night before the event, I would say I was VERY unhappy!!!!! Nothing on the active website or the event website listed the event was cancelled, and to cancel the event by email notification the night before the event, at 9:30 PM??????? Cant say anything good. Although the rating lists one star, it was all the site would allow, this event should be in the negatives!!!!!!!!!!!

• moabrulz Amateur 17 posts since
    Dec 11, 2008
    2. Jul 5, 2009 6:22 PM (in response to Guest )

I am amazed that Active is actually continuing to post and advertize MOVFitness's events.  Check out the reviews of the MOVFitness San Francisco events.

• boonabanks Amateur 8 posts since
    Jul 7, 2009
    3. Jul 7, 2009 10:39 AM (in response to Guest )

They cancelled the race the night before. I emailed them to get my money back and their email address is invalid, so the email bounced back to me.  They don't have a number on their website.  They are a total scam.  Don't even waste your time. Active should remove them from the site.

• runmammarun Expert 41 posts since
    Jun 24, 2009
    4. Jul 20, 2009 10:42 AM (in response to boonabanks)

Hi fellow run-victims - I've done a bit of research on how to take

action against this guy.  We all need to contact the Santa Barbara DA's

office to

try and get this guy so that he can't rip off others. If you have the

time, contact the consumer protection agency about the fraud: http://www.countyofsb.org/da/CivilDivision/ConsumerProtection/ConsProtection.asp

The guy in charge is Allan Kaplan.  Hopefully if there are enough

complaints that come in - they will pursue it.  I imagine it will be

referred to a federal agency since the "hack" is now doing this in

other states too.

• runmammarun Expert 41 posts since
    Jun 24, 2009
    5. Aug 28, 2009 10:53 AM (in response to runmammarun)

Check out the Golden Gate Bridge reviews.  Active.com has finally responded - but not in the way we had hoped.  Keep pushing Active.com to stop posting events by MOV!

• bigdubrunner Rookie 6 posts since
    Aug 19, 2009
    6. Aug 28, 2009 1:24 PM (in response to Guest )

i'm currently doing an expose on Matt Hackney, MOVfitness, MOVrun, HardMagic and any of the other stuff he is running.  IF you have any information concerning Matt, please email mattexpose@yahoo.com.  I rather not expose my identity in the mean time but if you want to contribute to the story, please email me.  He has to be stopped.   thanks.

• ActiveAdmin Active.com Staff 61 posts since
    May 2, 2007
    7. Sep 15, 2009 5:13 PM (in response to Guest )

Thank you for voicing your concerns about the MOVFitness events. After looking into some of the most recent issues you mentioned in more detail, we’ve removed all MOVFitness events from the Active.com directory and have opted not to work with the organization at this time.

If you are waiting for a refund, we encourage you to contact MOVFitness again by emailing info@movfitness.com or calling (805) 960-5310 as they have assured us they will provide refunds to anyone who is not completely satisfied with their events.

As previously mentioned, your feedback is invaluable. Again, thanks for the heads up and please keep your reviews and comments coming.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...