Skip navigation

36237 Views 138 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2009 4:48 PM by dutch omi RSS Go to original post 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next
  • badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    135. Jun 2, 2008 4:33 PM (in response to dutch omi)
    Re: Why do you still run?

Wow, so glad I looked at this before my run. Best run I've had in a LONG time and during the entire thing, I thought about why I run. It was raining here today so I ran without the Ipod and it was amazing. I run because I like to eat, because I like to see how far I can push myself mentally and physically. Because of the great feeling of even the smallest accomplishment, whether it be running 5 more minutes than last time or even 5 more steps before walking. Because it relaxes me and allows me to clear my head. I run because I love the way it makes me feel and I run because I can.

• alliegator Rookie 6 posts since
    May 17, 2008
    136. Jun 2, 2008 5:24 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

What a great thread! I found it just when I was having trouble getting motivated to go run tonight, but this got me out there, and I thought about my reasons for a fantastic 6 miles.

I started running because until a reacent breast reduction surgery, I couldn't run very easily. After the surgery I felt so free and so fast it was amazing!

Now, 60 pounds lighter and way faster, I run because I get cranky otherwise, and because I like to see people's faces when I talk about my mileage. Even more than that, however, I like to think about how far I've already come, and am excited to find out where I can go from here if I just keep running.

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    137. Sep 16, 2009 1:12 PM (in response to alliegator)

Last bump, Ruby!  Maybe one of these sparks will help to light your fire, too!

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    138. Sep 16, 2009 4:48 PM (in response to alliegator)

Awesome, have great runs, sometimes it's hard to get motivated, if so, take a couple of days and do nothing and be a bi!ch, that'll make you run better and faster.  And what an achievment, losing 60 pounds, awesome.

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points