Skip navigation

5290 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2009 5:05 PM by Active Giselle RSS
mvalenti Community Moderator 84 posts since
Jul 11, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 22, 2009 12:00 PM

Overall Fitness for Fall

This fall I really want to focus on full-body fitness. I love mountain biking, which is great for my legs and lungs but I want to focus on building core muscles, tightening my bum, and building overall fitness. Does anybody have full body fitness exercises to recommend? I would love them to be outdoors focused for the fall but anything will do.

• MelissaE Community Moderator 39 posts since
    Jun 7, 2007
    1. Sep 23, 2009 5:04 PM (in response to mvalenti)
    Re: Overall Fitness for Fall

I know you mentioned outdoor workouts, but I would strongly recommend yoga if you want a full body workout -- strength, flexibility, gets your heart rate up too if you choose a class with a flow, like vineyasa or ashtanga. Also -- aerobics and spinning classes are great for building your core muscles, and you have some motivation in the other people who attend class.

Also -- are you into hiking? Fall is such a great time to get into the mountains and explore. Plus it's a great workout.

• Active Giselle Active.com Staff 21 posts since
    Jun 4, 2008
    2. Sep 23, 2009 5:05 PM (in response to mvalenti)
    Re: Overall Fitness for Fall

Rollerblading is fun for fall! It works out a bunch of different muscles and totally engages your core. The best part--you get to be outdoors! Some races even have a skate/blade division. I know some people rollerblading their way through this half marathon in November. Happy Fall!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...