Skip navigation

1511 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2009 8:24 PM by MikeDaMarine08 RSS
Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
Dec 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 23, 2009 8:38 PM

Thursday must mean fast running in Japanese!

Just nailed a fast 4 miles of ease.  Went out to run 4 fast miles and went pretty fast even for me.  Gotta love a run like that.  I was putting out and the times showed it.  ran a 1/2 mile warm up then nailed 3 miles at a 6:30ish pace then ran a half mile cool down.  May run an easy 6 tonight.

Jimmy

This place is like home!!!!

• DaveVause Community Moderator 1,447 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007

Thursday means......ugh....tired from last night's class in part time grad school....

Just a couple of warm up miles, then weight workout. Dumbbell routine today.

Looks like lots of folks mentioned the humid weather,  yesterday. We're about to have another one!

Happy running folks.

• RubyBPG Legend 1,604 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008

Oh yeah, baby!  5 hilly/humid/hellish miles...gotta love it! 

Charlotte, I think your good runs are overflowing up and outta here and rubbing off on me!  The run was kinda hard, but I felt like I was flying at certain points. 

BTW, if you like David Crowder* Band, their new album is out and it seriously ROCKS!  Having new songs on the IPOD definitely helps keep things fresh.  Now off to buy a new pair of ear phones/earbuds....

Ruby

http://mynewmarathon.wordpress.com

• KarlD_Navy84 Legend 879 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008

I decided to do my tempo run out of sequence because of Winnie's work schedule, so I knocked it out this morning rather than trying to fit it in tomorrow.  It meant running on back to back days, which I typically don't do with this program, but doing it this way meant being able to get all of my workouts in for the week without any trouble. 

Anyway, I stepped outside this morning at six.  It was right around  70 degrees and boy did that feel great.  Today's run was 5 miles at my mid-tempo pace (8:05).  I didn't worry about the first split, figuring I would take whatever warm up pace felt comfortable and adjust from there.  In a nutshell they went like this - 8:33, 8:01, 8:02, 8:00, and 7:35.  Total time 40:11 (8:02 pace).  So now I have my bike workout tomorrow followed by 20 miles on Sunday morning.  It will be the first of 3 planned 20 milers, so I am curious to see how things go. Target pace will be 9:15 - 9:30.  That's all for now.  Hope everyone finishes out the week in good shape!  Talk to you soon.

Karl

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    5. Sep 24, 2009 7:34 AM (in response to KarlD_Navy84)
    Re: Thursday must mean fast running in Japanese!

Rest day. Possibly fighting off potentially violent protestors all around me. They're anticipating them in Oakland (school and work), Walnut Street (two blocks away where I play), and the Whole Foods and Trader Joe's right around the corner. Yesterday when I was leaving school at 7, everything was boarded up and there were DOZENS of police on literally every corner. People were saying it looked like what they imagined martial law to look like. I'm bringing my camera with me wherever I go today and I'll be sure to post if anything interesting happens. It'll either be a mess or a whole lot of nothing.

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    6. Sep 24, 2009 7:57 AM (in response to DCtoPgh)

Ran a very easy 5 this morning after a very hard track workout last night.  I am doing 2 before my core tonight.

Ruby, glad to see you having a good day!

Kat, good luck be safe.

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    7. Sep 24, 2009 8:28 AM (in response to BOSNPM)

Just finished 6 at 9:30 pace.  Not quite as good a run as I've been having, but more of a standard run.  Ok by me though.  Tomorrow it's 13.

Ruby I'm glad that my great run luck is going your way, you deserve it.  And Kat, 'enjoy' all the hub bub  and your restday in Pittsburgh. 

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    8. Sep 24, 2009 12:44 PM (in response to dutch omi)

There is a pronounced absence of hub bub. Windows are boarded, streets are ghost towns and I'm bored and procrastinating. Just looking forward to a G-20 themed happy hour: beer summit with sampling of beers from G-20 countries

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    9. Sep 24, 2009 1:18 PM (in response to DCtoPgh)

Enjoy the happy hour, Kat!!!!

• Becky8846 Legend 686 posts since
    Apr 1, 2009

I think Kat's idea could definitely lead to world peace! 

I'm feeling much recovered today and managed a 5.5 loop around our old neighborhood while my husband was bush hogging the pastures (that's a big mower for you city slickers).  I remembered why I never got involved in longer distances out there!  The run-ability was horrible and I was almost run over numerous times.  I think I'll stick to my city runs where the friendly sidewalks are much more prevelent.  I was feeling so good though, that when I got done I considered another loop except that my ride was nearly finished with a section he'd wanted to finish.  I jogged over to the store and picked up some liquid refreshments and walked back.  I'm thinking of a longer run tomorrow - I'll see how I feel.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,368 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    11. Sep 24, 2009 5:33 PM (in response to Becky8846)

Did a pretty good 5 miles this evening.  I had a hard time convincing my mind, but it turned out my body felt pretty good.  I stopped for a few minutes to watch a softball game.  Nothing special - slow pitch, coed.  But I watched one of the women very deliberately line a hit between 1st and 2nd.  A very good bit of hitting in what was otherwise just your average slow-pitch game.

Len

• Irish Runner77 Legend 780 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    12. Sep 24, 2009 5:40 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

9 total miles today - 1 warmup up, 7 @9:20ish, 1 cool down. Felt pretty good. Was a lot more humid today than it has been recently, and my socks got pretty soaked so I have a couple of small blisters.

I upgraded to the NB 1225s at the RnR Va Beach expo, and I'm noticing a little bit of extra rub at the back of the arch. It didn't bother me too badly during my long run last Sunday, but today it sparked up again. I have about 70 miles on them now so I would think they should be broken in.

Kat - enjoy your beers Have one for me!

MCM Finisher 2007, 2008, 2009
    CMM Finisher 2008
    Goofy Challenge Finisher 2009, 2010
    Pittsburgh Marathon Finisher 2009
    RnR Seattle Finisher 2009

Richmond Finisher 2009

RnR Las Vegas Finisher 2009

• MikeDaMarine08 We're Not Worthy 2,498 posts since
    Aug 14, 2008

Ran an easy 3 with my new energy youth group tonight.  The slow pace allowed my to experiment some with my terrible turnover.  I managed to peak it at 93 spm.

Jimmy, I was at the HR in the early 90's and loved it.

MCM '09, '10, '11

Richmond Marathon '09

RNR Arizona Marathon '10

RNR Mardi Gras Marathon '10

Shamrock Marathon '10, '12

Frederick Marathon '10

Madison Marathon '10

1/2 Sauer 1/2 Kraut Marathon '10

Baltimore Marathon '10

Outer Banks Marathon '10

Seashore 50K

Houston '12