Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1881 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 26, 2009 11:15 AM by spicegeek RSS
mngreeneyes Pro 72 posts since
Sep 25, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 25, 2009 9:36 AM

Can't wait any longer

I have started and nearly completed the C25K a couple of times.  The last time, I was injured when I quit.  That was almost 2 years ago.  I have since then gained about 80 pounds.  I want to start again, but I can't seem to make that first step.  Its gotten to the point where I am embarrassed to even try running because I have gotten so large.  I am 5'5" and 260ish pounds. I see what they are accomplishing on Biggest Loser, but its that first step. 

I have a free weekend ahead of me.  I have a few things to do around my apartment and some homework, but I have time.  I am going to take that first step.  I am going to start this weekend.  Please hold me to that.  I promise to tell the truth.  I can't wait any longer.

pam

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start!  John Bingham

Run when you can,

Walk when you have to,

Crawl if you must--

Just never give up....  Dean Karnazes

• spicegeek Community Moderator 2,563 posts since
    Jan 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Sep 26, 2009 11:15 AM (in response to mngreeneyes)
    Re: Can't wait any longer

pam

Check out the threads in the newbies Cafe - there is  200lb+ groups who m are very active supporting each other

NYC Marathon          Nov 1 2009     -   4:03:13 ( 9:17 mm )

NYC Half Marathon   Aug 16 2009   -   1:55:38 ( 8:49 mm )

1 mile -  7:07                             10K     - 52:58 ( 8:32 mm)

4 mile - 31:35 ( 7:53 mm)          8K      - 42:28 ( 8:32 mm)

15K -     1:22:02 ( 8:49 mm)

Find the Half Marathon Team on FACEBOOK

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...