Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

63386 Views 525 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2012 11:04 PM by Couch2Trackula RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 36 Previous Next
  • NewMom954 Rookie 6 posts since
    Sep 23, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Sep 29, 2009 4:25 PM (in response to Tika417)
    Re: Starting C25k tomorrow 9/29. Anyone want to Join?
    Hey everyone! I started C25K on 9/22.  I did W1D3 on Sunday and tomorrow I'll be doing W2D1.  Wish me luck!  I'm a 27 year old mom of a 5 month old baby girl so I'm looking to lose a few pregnancy pounds and tone up.  I'm back in my old pants but things just aren't the same.  HAHA
  • sweeethart427 Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    16. Sep 29, 2009 7:07 PM (in response to Tika417)

I am in!!!! I started the C25K tonight and let me tell you, whooo hooo.....I feel great because I accomplished it but boy was it challenging. I am by far a runner and never have been. I was one of those kids in school that would walk to mile run. I have always been a big (large frame) girl and I feel uncomfortable running, but after using the podcast I believe I will be able to accomplish this.

I soooo want to become a runner and I hope I can inspire and be inspired.

If anyone has any tips or insights please feel free to tell me....again I am not and never have been a runner!!!!

• jwsamuel Amateur 19 posts since
    Sep 28, 2009

I did my second day of week one tonight. The first time out, I used a watch with interval timers. This time, I used Robert Ullery's podcast. I thought it was a lot easier with the podcast. I plan on sticking with that for the entire nine weeks.

Jim

• jemjem Amateur 8 posts since
    Sep 28, 2009
    18. Sep 29, 2009 7:36 PM (in response to jwsamuel)

I agree, Jim.

It makes a huge difference with the podcast - you can just tune out to everything else and get into the running frame of mind.

Robert will tell you when to change from walk to run, and the music is really good, too.

I think the only problem could be if you are too 'zoned out' and don't notice traffic!

I am lucky as I can run and walk through some great bush tracks just next to my farm so cars are no problem - just the odd kangaroo :-)

Jemjem

50-something fat nanna

Working on the fat but happy to be a nanna !

• PearsonFlyer Amateur 23 posts since
    Sep 29, 2009
    19. Sep 29, 2009 7:43 PM (in response to Tika417)

I'm starting tomorrow, so I'll join!

I'm 38, and was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so even though I'm not overweight, I need to get in shape.  And anything is better than the shape I'm in now.

I've been walking 2-3 miles a day, every day for the past 2 weeks.  Now I'm ready to start running.  I've never been a runner, so this should be interesting and hopefully fun.  My new running shoes will be here tomorrow afternoon, and I'll break them in with W1D1.  No time like the present!

Good luck to everyone who started this week, and I hope to see you at the end of that 5k in 9 weeks.

Started C25K on 9/29/09 in Buffalo NY

Lindsay's Legacy 5k 11/14/09 - 34:10 (11:00/mi)

Turkey Trot 8k 11/26/09 - 57:24 (11:33/mi)

Reindeer Run 5k 12/5/09 - 32:10 (10:22/mi)

Shamrock Run 8k 3/06/10 - 47:32 (9:29/mi)

Bengal Run 5k 3/20/10 - 27:30 (8:52/mi)

350.org Green Run 4.35mi 10/09/10 - 41:22 (9:31/mi)

Sarkin Memorial 5k 10/16/10 - 27:02 (8:42/mi)

• vrbteach Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 12, 2009
    21. Sep 29, 2009 8:16 PM (in response to Tika417)
    The podcast was really cool. The music is interesting and very uptempo. He even includes a cool down.
  • jwsamuel Amateur 19 posts since
    Sep 28, 2009
    22. Sep 29, 2009 8:41 PM (in response to Tika417)

For anytone who is interested in the podcasts, here is the link:

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/

Jim

• RunRarRun Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 29, 2009
    23. Sep 29, 2009 9:55 PM (in response to Tika417)
    Sounds great! This will be my second attempt, I had to stop mid july because I got a stress fracture in my lower back and was told to lay off! So excited to find a group to go on this journey with! I got to week 7 last time, and hopefully I will be able to complete the program this time around. I also just moved to Rochester NY from South Carolina so towards the end of the program it's going to be getting pretty cold...I'm NOT used to that so I hope we're all still here cheering each other on because I know I'll need it. I'm planning on starting tomorrow, I'll post to share how it goes, I hope everyone else does too! Can't wait to hear how everyone gets along!
  • Fitfornothing Rookie 5 posts since
    Sep 30, 2009
    24. Sep 30, 2009 1:58 AM (in response to Tika417)
    Hi - from Ireland! Just been out on W1D1 along the shore of County Down after hanging up running shoes for over 25 years. So pleased to find this group but I'm new to forums so be patient! Here's hoping everyone!
  • bgoose Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 30, 2009
    25. Sep 30, 2009 5:22 AM (in response to Tika417)

Hello everyone! This site seemed like a great place for encouragement and motivation, so I thought I'd join in.

I just did W1D1 yesterday and it went great. It might sound silly, but I'm keeping a blog of my activities  at http://bugsfitness.blogspot.com to try and keep me honest. In the past, my workout routines usually failed within the first few weeks because I would overdo it. I'm really trying this time to pace myself and set small goals.

• sweeethart427 Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    26. Sep 30, 2009 6:14 AM (in response to Tika417)

I slept so much better last night after finishing W1D1 last night. This morning there are a few things sore but not too bad. Tomorrow is D2 for me....wish me luck!! Good luck to everyone.

Note: Robert Ullrey's podcast make it so easy to follow and has great music to get you in the groove of walk/run.

• deniden Amateur 24 posts since
    Sep 29, 2009
    27. Sep 30, 2009 6:15 AM (in response to Tika417)

Hey everyone!

My name is Denielle and I'm from NJ. I'm 27 and just started C25K on Monday, 09/28.

I completed W1D2 last night (had to do them back to back due to a scheduling issue). W1D2 was definitely harder than W1D1 - my back and thighs are sore today!

I have been using some of the podcasts with the hip-hop music which have been great. I used to walk/run on the treadmill at the gym a few years back but due to a car accident, had some back pain when I tried to get into shape again... so, I'm resolving to really give it my best shot this time.

Denielle

-----

Denielle

started 1st C25K on 09/28/09, completed program

re-started C25K on 10/10/11 at W4D1

• Katy_Force Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 3, 2007
    28. Sep 30, 2009 6:25 AM (in response to Tika417)
    I started Sunday! I am getting ready to do W1D3 tomorrow. I wish I could go today! I am in love with the program! I have never ran in my life! Are you using the Ullery podcasts?
  • Carrie18830 Rookie 8 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    29. Sep 30, 2009 6:29 AM (in response to Tika417)

Hi Everyone -

So I completed W1D1 on Monday & today is the day for W1D2.  This is my first time running outside and it was really difficult for me.  I think my course had too many steep hills to keep me motivated...any tips on running outside that anyone is willing to share?

I keep telling myself to just keep putting one foot in front of the other...also I am going to download one of the podcasts to keep me entertained...

A little about me:  I am 30 and married with no kids but tons of animals.  I work in a relatively stressful envrionment (who doesn't) and got out of the habit of working out.  I am looking to lose a couple of pounds and also to destress myself.  I have friends who run who say it does get addicting....and I am trying to get there. 

Good luck everyone!

1 2 3 4 ... 36 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...