Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5207 Views 36 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2009 10:50 AM by CarlaLThompson RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • SeeFluffyRun Legend 251 posts since
    Sep 2, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Sep 30, 2009 7:31 PM (in response to CarrieNixon)
    Re: 200lbs+ C25K September 30
    OH I organized a 12 person team for Race for the Cure and my daughter has swine flu.

Graduated C25K 08/09/2009

Restarted 04/01/2013

Follow me on my journey: SEEFLUFFYRUN

Twitter: @SeeFluffyRun

Facebook: SeeFluffyRun

Blog: seefluffyrun.blogspot.com

• AFatManRunning Legend 326 posts since
    Sep 14, 2009
    31. Sep 30, 2009 9:08 PM (in response to SeeFluffyRun)

You were right about the real name being used--it was due to the upgrade.  Mine posted with my real name before Mrs. F pointed it out to me.  It seems that some, but not all Active.com profiles got modified so that the profile settings check a box labeled "Show publicly" (or something similar--I do not have that screen open) where your name appears.  Clear that box, and it should go back to using your screen name.

I sent Active.com an email message voicing my displeasure.  In my case, I am trying to keep my identity hidden, at least until we are done with the program.  It was not a major issue for me, but what if it happened to someone who had been in an abusive relationship? Letting the identity slip in that circumstance could have some serious consequences.

It was my wife's idea--really! Okay, it helps that I need to lose the weight, too.

http://oursecretplan.blogspot.com (FatManRunning - Couch to 5k)

Completed Couch-to-5k - 10/30/09

Chaska Turkey Trot 5k - 11/14/09 (42:13)

Howard Lake Turkey Tagalong 5k - 11/26/09 (42:23)

Sat around like a bum while I finished grad school - 11/27/09 to 6/25/10

Restarted running 6/26/10

City of Festivals 5k - 08/07/10 (40:45) - ran with Mrs. F and four of the kids!

• LVViolist Rookie 3 posts since
    Dec 26, 2008
    32. Sep 30, 2009 9:50 PM (in response to CarrieNixon)
    Wow!  I had a big day today!  I went to the bike shop to get the seat of my bike changed for one that won't hurt my rear - ended up buying a MUCH better bike with a super comfy seat.  Of course I had to try it out, so I biked about 3 miles.  After all of that I completed w1d1 of the c25k program...yay!  Not gonna lie, my feet ache a little.  I feel really good!  I'm still going to walk the 5k this weekend...the jogging was definitely a step-up for me.  Do you guys have any advise for what to do with the aching footsies after a big walk/run/workout?  I have to do a practice 5k walk tomorrow in the gym to be sure & prepare for Saturday - so the sooner the advise, the better
  • Donna914 Legend 357 posts since
    Aug 2, 2009
    33. Oct 1, 2009 3:30 AM (in response to SeeFluffyRun)

Sorry about your daughter Fluffy!

I ran yesterday but was too busy at work to post. It was pretty good run; not as good as the day before but I did run 30 minutes. It really helps with the stress. I feel great after.

• susiecute Amateur 25 posts since
    Sep 28, 2009
    34. Oct 1, 2009 7:20 AM (in response to babeinthewoods)

BabeInTheWoods:

Yea, I'm not much of a morning person.  I readily admit that I prefer to see 4:45 am on the other side, you know, just getting home from where ever I happened to be playing, but that's when I can squeeze in the run and that's the important thing to me.  I have said many times lately that I feel like that old Army commercial...we do more before 6am than most people do all day!  I wish I had a nice track to run on, I just hit the pavement.  You're quite right, it doesn't matter when you run, just go run!  We attempted W3D1 yesterday.  It was rough, but more so, I think because our schedules didn't allow for a day off this week and still be able to run together (I run with a coworker twice a week).  We are meeting Saturday a.m. and will do W3D1 over and see how it goes.  If we need to do it a 3rd time, we will.

• GoRunIrish Pro 110 posts since
    Sep 8, 2009
    35. Oct 1, 2009 8:40 AM (in response to CarrieNixon)

Hi everyone!

Completed W4D2.... yesterday was kinda tough. I mean I hung in there and completed it, but I had to promise myself a low fat ice cream cone. Anyone completeing but struggling a bit with W4-6?

Started C25K 09/07/09

Dinosaur Dash 5K 11/01/09 40:12

Turkey Trot 5K 11/26/09 44:02

Buffalo Run 02/27/10

• CarlaLThompson Amateur 10 posts since
    Feb 21, 2008
    36. Oct 1, 2009 10:50 AM (in response to GoRunIrish)

GoRunIrish - I, also, completed W4D2 yesterday and it was tough!  But ever so slightly better than W4D1.  We have been reducing our pace to make it through the 5 min run intervals... but it still seems very challenging.  What I think is going to happen is that over time to run for 5 min will be more do-able... not necessarily easier, but managable.

I was talking to my run partner about W1D1 when we were just "Hanging on" for the 60 seconds of running.  And I remember that being so very hard.

Then we were bumped up to running for a whole 200M/01: 30 min, OMG, I thought for sure we would DIE!!!!!!!!!

Then it went to 400M or 03:00 min... death was certain then!!

Now we're running 800M and we just want to pass out!

But what I do know is that someone scripted this as a recipe for success... and if we just muster through it we WILL reach our goal.  I don't know that running for any length of time will ever be easy... but I think we will develop the endurance to continue "forward like motion".

I said all of that to say, "Hang in there!"  We're in this to WIN it!  Let's release the concept of it being "comfortable" and switch our thoughts to it being "do-able"!   And you, my friend, have done it!

Big Fun in the Sun... Swim, Bike, Run!! * My Blog:  http://carlalthompson.blogspot.com * C25K Week1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Day1 2 3

On Target to Graduate:  World Run Day!  (November 9, 2009)

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...