Skip navigation

14076 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2011 2:34 AM by lulusunny89 RSS 1 2 Previous Next
amystrasser00 Amateur 5 posts since
Jul 31, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 5, 2009 10:44 PM

P90X

Is anyone doing P90X to add to their regular training?
  • Healthymommy1 Amateur 8 posts since
    Oct 17, 2009
    1. Oct 17, 2009 12:31 PM (in response to amystrasser00)
    Re: P90X
    My brother and his girlfriend do P90X and SWEAR BY IT!!  I tried it once with them but I really enjoy running a lot more...

Running is my ME time!

Proud member of Internet Ceo Moms

http://www.internetceomoms.com/healthymommy

Read my article about being a stay at home mom

http://www.examiner.com/x-26395-Charlotte-StayatHome-Moms-Examiner

• RedWineRunner_ Rookie 6 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Nov 6, 2009 12:34 PM (in response to amystrasser00)

I am on the 10th week of P90X and I really believe that doing the program has made me both quicker and have better endurance as a runner.  I started the program for the first time last November and my husband and I got a little over half way through when we went away for Christmas, then for vacation and life....so we didn't finish but have been doing it off and on throughout the year.  We started again this fall and are determined to finish the 90 days in a row!  I just ran the Chicago Marathon in October and took 14 minutes off my time from the other marathon I ran and also qualified for Boston in the Spring!!  It is time consuming though but definitely worth it!

• Donna Walker Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 23, 2007
    3. Dec 4, 2009 5:59 AM (in response to amystrasser00)

I bought the program but have not tried it yet.  It looks a bit intimidating but definitely doable and worth it.  Thanks for bringing the subject up!  The other comments are motivating me to give it an honest try!  Good luck and happy holidays to all!

Donna

• Abub3269 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 12, 2010
    4. Mar 12, 2010 1:25 PM (in response to amystrasser00)

Me and my Hubby have been doing P90X for about 8 months now... 2 Rounds. It is a bit hard at the beginning but you definately get used to the routine and with due time it becomes easier to hanlde. I have lost over 60lbs and because of this program and the weight loss me and hubby have started to run which in turn is a great feeling. We are also starting a 3rd round on Monday but this time focusing on the classic routine vs the lean routine which we did for the first 2 rounds. I definately have to say it is a great program to do along with other training aspects.

• NinaZamudio Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 4, 2010
    5. Apr 4, 2010 10:45 PM (in response to amystrasser00)

P90X is a great trainer for overall fitness and strength, subbing or adding running on the cardio days might be the best idea for maintaining the stamina for long distance running/training.  I've done the X several times and would recommend amending the program for event training. The workouts are an hour each so making that hour COUNT for you is important. For example, the Legs & Back workout is excellent for triathletes (upper swimming, lower leg strength), etc.    There are more specific programs for stamina and building explosive leg power, VO2 max that the same company puts out. I'm a coach for the company, those of you who've purchased the program from Beachbody should have a coach, we're all about helping people with specific issues so contact us (we're free).

Nina Zamudio

• CycloneStroke Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 6, 2010
    6. Apr 6, 2010 3:21 PM (in response to amystrasser00)

I've done p90X with my rowing team on occasion. It's tough and you will be sore the next day, but I definitely think it's worth it.

• kaylee1120 Amateur 10 posts since
    May 5, 2010
    7. May 5, 2010 7:37 PM (in response to amystrasser00)

Yes , i and my brother just completed our first 90 days, and im 7days into round 2.

I can say that p90x is a kind of addictive cause i cannot stop it when i finished my first round.

But it's really more a fitness program than weight loss program.

Since u do it, not only the fact Does drop off, also u gain a lot of muscle, and the lbs drop off. 

It's the real deal - good luck with it

www.p90xshow.com

• RedWineRunner_ Rookie 6 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    8. May 6, 2010 10:40 AM (in response to amystrasser00)

Yes, P90X can be addicting!  I think the feeling of accomplishment from just the daily workouts is such a great motivator.  I am just starting the Lean program this time around.  I also run often, so it is a great supplemental workout.  Love the coach idea - how can you become one?

• NinaZamudio Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 4, 2010
    9. May 7, 2010 6:40 AM (in response to RedWineRunner_)

CPrenda -

hi there,

you can click on this link, I can send you a separate email if you like, I love coaching but I don't want to sound like a huge spammer here.

I just returned from a coach summit in L.A., lots of workouts with all of our trainers and it was SO much fun!  I'm only just now getting back to my normal schedule. Working out with Tony Horton with a thousand people? Awesome energy.  ShaunT (Insanity) Chalene Johnson (TurboJam, ChaLEAN Extreme) Debbie Siebers (Slim in 6, Slim Series) Brett Hoebel (RevAbs) Leandro Carvahlo (Brazil Butt Lift) and Kathy Smith (Project You - Type II  - a diabetes program)   were all trainers that spent time with us.  Great people.

gotta love big groups of like-minded people (like on here!)

Have a great weekend!!!

Nina Zamudio

• ellynliseo Rookie 6 posts since
    May 1, 2010
    10. May 12, 2010 1:41 PM (in response to RedWineRunner_)

I so agree!  p90x has made a huge difference in my pace, strength, and endurance.  The Yoga disc has been especially helpful in regards to my focus and breathing.  Keep going!

Ellyn

• BigRedCheerleading Rookie 3 posts since
    May 12, 2010
    11. May 12, 2010 1:54 PM (in response to amystrasser00)

This workout program is wonderful for conditioning.  I am a very extreme competitive all star cheerleader and this program has great results.  You work all different types of muscles and build up your stamina which is perfect for a cheerleading routine.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to visit my page and email me.

CHEERS!

• Jonsiop Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 16, 2010
    12. Nov 16, 2010 3:01 PM (in response to BigRedCheerleading)

How many times a week should I do this to lose some fat but still  maintain muscle? (I believe P90X program recommends once a week)

Thanks for advice

P90X Workout Schedule

• rabyoga Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 13, 2011
    13. Mar 13, 2011 4:52 PM (in response to amystrasser00)

I"ve added P90X to my racewalking training.  Everyday that I lift, I racewalk (as a warm-up) for 2 miles-about 20 minutes or so.  I've really enjoyed the program.  I've just completed Phase 1. I was in pretty good shape but I felt that the weight training really helped.  My favorite workouts were Plyo- Love that jumping (yet I don't run cause I hate the impact on my body... go figure) and the Yoga

• Julie Ann Hackett Legend 227 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    14. Jun 1, 2011 11:36 AM (in response to amystrasser00)

I think P90X is great training for endurance athletes during the off season.  Its a bit too much for me to keep up with it during my regular training though.  I like the concept and have recommended it to friends.  Beach bodies makes lots of different programs for different levels, so make sure you pick one that you can stick with.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points