Skip navigation

1530 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2009 2:38 PM by JerryX RSS
RubyBPG Legend 1,604 posts since
Jan 19, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 16, 2009 7:36 AM

Len

Do you know if we had to make reservations at Carpool last year?  Holly was such a good coordinator for these types of things, but she's been MIA for a while. What's up with Holly? Is she running these days?  Should we just plan on Carpool again?  I can call to make arrangements.  What do you think?  Any thoughts? Anyone?

http://mynewmarathon.wordpress.com

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    1. Oct 16, 2009 8:25 AM (in response to RubyBPG)
    Re: Len
    I'm not Len, but I'm almost sure that Holly had made reservations.
  • lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,340 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    2. Oct 16, 2009 8:50 AM (in response to dutch omi)

I'm pretty sure Holly made reservations.  You can find her on Facebook, she doesn't wander over this way often.  She is still running some.  I get the impression she had some setbacks and is just getting back into it.  She is going to be in Las Vegas for the marathon, maybe running the half, I'm not sure.

Len

• staving off decrepitude Legend 1,193 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Oct 16, 2009 10:04 AM (in response to RubyBPG)
    Is anyone going to be cheerleading with the big yellow pompoms during the race? I'd like to join the cheerers this year.

Chocolate is very nice.
    Jan 18, 2008
    4. Oct 16, 2009 10:15 AM (in response to staving off decrepitude)
    Sara, for one.  And I believe there are a couple others who were planning to run but had to defer for one reason or another.  Charlotte and Jen will be in Niagara Falls running.

Len

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    5. Oct 16, 2009 10:35 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    Shell, Ike and Nita were also going to cheer, but I'm not sure if anyone's organized anything. And Charlotte and Bill had those awesome yellow pom poms. So helpful.

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    6. Oct 16, 2009 1:06 PM (in response to DCtoPgh)

Nothing has been organized as of yet.  Was actually talking to Ike about plans for cheering a few days ago.  He wants to set up camp in one spot with a boom box and stay there all day while I would rather try and hit a few spots. Do any of you have a preference? I just remember last year having a few spots to look for those amazing yellow pom poms and it definetely kept me going and kept me distracted!

Also - if anyone needs anything later in the race (meds, gels, gus, hugs, socks, etc) just let one of us know and we'll either try and get it or set up a place to meet sometime that weekend and grab it from you.

Jan 18, 2008
    8. Oct 16, 2009 9:27 PM (in response to RubyBPG)
    OK, mis-stated.  I'm pretty sure Holly made reservations last year.  I don't know that anybody has this year.  There was some discussion about Carpool this year but I don't know what has been done.

Len

• JerryX Legend 851 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    9. Oct 18, 2009 2:38 PM (in response to badgergrl)

I would hang with Tuan's crew on the bridge, thats a time during the race, with 6 miles to go, that folks need support!  but rolling over to the other side as folks head down to Hains point is good to.

I believe the DSG plan is to meet over at the place we start running!

Happy Running!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...