Skip navigation

1489 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2009 6:38 AM by RubyBPG
thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 19, 2009 7:40 AM

Aaaaack! My whole DC trip is in danger!

Now I might not even be able to spectate.

Here's the situation, a little complicated as usual:

I have an annotated bibliography for one class due 10/28, a paper due for a second class 11/2, and a paper and presentation due for a third class 11/9. All this is well and good. I did get a good bit of regular classwork (and work-work, grading-wise) done over the weekend, but didn't get to work on any of the papers because a good friend was in a bad car accident Saturday and I had to go to Queens to fetch her from the hospital. She's fine as it turns out, just bumps, bruises, and a hell of a scare but no major injury thank god, but I stayed the night with her so her hysteria could have company. (also to help her to the bathroom, lol. The painkiller was more disabling than the pain, I think.)

So that's all well and good, also. I could theoretically stay up all night every night this week and maybe come close to pulling it off.

Except that I also came down with a cold this weekend. Chest cold. Of the creeping crud variety. And the one thing I will NOT do is breathe all over Shell and her house and a bunch of my friends who just ran 26 miles and so have no immune system.

So I'll keep everybody posted, Shell of course most of all, and probably whine a fair bit.

The only good bit about the cold is that because I work at a school with a huge nursing program, there is NO WAY they're going to let me on campus sounding like this, so I have at least the day off to work on stuff from home in bed, near the comfort of my own box of tissues.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• McPhilly Pro 120 posts since
    May 14, 2008
    1. Oct 19, 2009 11:25 AM (in response to thefirecat)
    Re: Aaaaack! My whole DC trip is in danger!
    I hope you feel better.  Although it is great to have you as a cheerleader, you do have to do what is right for you.  Hopefully you get it all done but if not, we know you'll be cheering for us that morning!

Yippee!  I made over 100 posts :-)
  • DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    2. Oct 19, 2009 2:00 PM (in response to McPhilly)

With all the love and respect I can direct at you: man up and get your @ss down to DC I'm busy, too. Although I'm bailing on Carpool, but I'm still coming. All the important things find time to get done (or so I'm telling myself). Plus, I hear that Ike has a triple date with three lovely ladies who are going to make posters and drink wine on Saturday night. Ahem. You don't want to let him down and leave him with only TWO lovely ladies, do you? Because THAT would be tragic, and Ike would be sad and you would be solely responsible. Also, as I said in my text, sorry to hear about your friend's accident, but I'm so glad she has you Wouldn't it be nice if we could all get a little bit of Sara this weekend? Double ahem nudge. You don't want to be an exclusively supportive friend, do you? (Cough)

I brought out the big guns because I think we all want you there, but of course only you know what is best for you and we'll support you in that. Hope to see you in a few days!

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    3. Oct 19, 2009 2:43 PM (in response to thefirecat)

Oh no Sara! I hope you feel better!!

Like Kat said - Ike is having a "girls night" of making signs, drinking wine (or powerade) and watching Grey's on Saturday night after dinner And the two of you need to help me convince him to get a kitty!

I'm getting excited to cheer!

• RubyBPG Legend 1,604 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    4. Oct 20, 2009 6:38 AM (in response to thefirecat)

SHUT UP!

I was sooo looking forward to seeing you again, of course, I'm also iffy b/c everyone around me is dropping like flies and I'm paranoid that I'm next.

Maybe we should do what we do best, SUCK IT UP!  If you got across that bridge before this hurdle is nothing!  Hope to see you in a few days. YIKES.

<3 RUBY

http://mynewmarathon.wordpress.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...