Skip navigation

1759 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2009 4:59 PM by JerryX RSS
zoom1 Legend 288 posts since
Jan 22, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 18, 2009 12:50 PM

I don't like this new Active

It seems to be a lot slower.  I'm not just talking about posting or replying but also to insert an image into a thread.

I like the fact that the old layout allowed me to see who the original author of the thread is and who was the last to reply.  The only way to see who the original author is is to click on a thread ... not very user friendly.  Posting and attaching images seems to be a lot slower than before.  Am I just wrong or are there others out there who agree ?

• JerryX Legend 851 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Oct 18, 2009 2:33 PM (in response to zoom1)
    Re: I don't like this new Active
    I don't understand why I couldn't respond to posts....now i can...big distracter.

Happy Running!

• RubyBPG Legend 1,604 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    2. Oct 18, 2009 3:41 PM (in response to zoom1)

There's always kinks to work out with a system upgrade.  I have had problems logging in, but I think I found a loop hole.

I usually am able to get on if I click into a thread and then log on.  It doesn't seem to work very well from the main page.  WEIRD, I know.

http://mynewmarathon.wordpress.com

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    3. Oct 18, 2009 3:43 PM (in response to JerryX)
    It really is a lot harder, even just getting the "reply" line to show up.......
  • KBT_Folly Pro 173 posts since
    Jul 5, 2009
    4. Oct 18, 2009 4:01 PM (in response to Immer treu)

Eventually the log-in/reply button issues will get resolved, so I just write them off as an annoyance for now.

However, what I don't like is the new front section with the recent activity; I always end up in the Marine Core Marathon thread or some other place I don't need be because some generic post title sounds interesting, only to realize that it doesn't remotely apply to me. Without seeing what forum things are in, it's just an annoyance, not helpful, just one more page I have to click through to get where I want to be.

My blog: Folly or Feasible?

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,267 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    5. Oct 18, 2009 6:13 PM (in response to zoom1)

Tuan - make sure you're on the "Threads" tab, not the "Overview" tab.

It definitely seems to be slower overall.  And I agree, the "recent activity" page made more sense before.  They have a lot of tweaking to do, after they get the basics nailed down.  I wonder who they used to preview and test the changes, if anybody.

Len

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    6. Oct 18, 2009 8:43 PM (in response to lenzlaw)
    Same complaints as Tuan.  And logins have always been a problem for me here.  Doesn't seem like it should be so hard to get right.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

• JeremyGThomas Pro 6 posts since
    Apr 3, 2008
    7. Oct 19, 2009 9:49 AM (in response to MCM Ron)
    I apologize for the glitches we introduced with the upgrade.  It was a significant jump in software versions, and we made it to position the Active Community for the growth that we're expecting next year.    We're certainly working hard in our development/testing environments to get the issues resolved (namely slowness and the intermittent inability to reply to threads).  Should all go well we'll have some speed improvement this week, and the login issue where you can't reply to a thread should also be resolved within a few day's time.    Please continue to post comments or feedback about the upgrade here, and we'll do our best to resolve these issues.
  • McPhilly Pro 120 posts since
    May 14, 2008
    8. Oct 19, 2009 11:17 AM (in response to JeremyGThomas)
    Post comments about the upgrade...I couldn't log in forever and post but hopefully I'm back!!  Talk about a very difficult withdraw.

Yippee!  I made over 100 posts :-)
  • JerryX Legend 851 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    9. Oct 19, 2009 4:59 PM (in response to JeremyGThomas)
    I am sooo happy to hear that you are listening!

Happy Running!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...