Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

864 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2009 4:01 PM by Janet40600
Janet40600 Rookie 1 posts since
Jul 30, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 25, 2009 4:01 PM

Ankle in pain, how long until I can resume regular training?

Last Sunday my left ankle started acting up after 25 minutes of easy run. I could probably prevent it if I didn't wear my old pair of shoes. The new pair was soaking wet from running under heavy rain the day before. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

The ankle sore went away on Monday (my rest day), but came back as soon as I started my run. I didn't pay much attention because it wasn't to a point it's stoping me from running. This Saturday I finished my 13 miles run with minor ankle sore. Few hours later my left ankle hurt so much I couldn't put my full weight on it. Now I'm trying not to walk on it too much and icing it as often as possible.

It's being over a day. The ankle is still tender and in pain from time to time. I'm running half marathon in one month. How long until I can resume my regular training?

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...