Skip navigation

1253 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2009 6:55 AM by ColdForged
dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
Jan 19, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 31, 2009 10:47 AM

Saturday Runs anyone?

Just finished 5 miles, good run, 9.22 pace.  First run after Niagara.  Anybody else running today?

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,432 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Oct 31, 2009 10:57 AM (in response to dutch omi)
    Re: Saturday Runs anyone?

Yep, finished 6 miles a while ago.  Mid 60s, cloudy, light wind, a little misty rain toward the end.  Pace . . . didn't really keep track, what with traffic lights and all.  For that matter, the distance probably isn't so accurate either.  I'm pretty sure it's a little over 6. 

Len

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    2. Oct 31, 2009 11:01 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

Finished 4 miles on the treadmill.  Would have been more as I was feeling REALLY GOOD, but then the Badger game went into halftime.  I should have a) started running before the 2nd quarter or b) waiting until the 3rd quarter so I would have been entertained for an entire half.  Oh well - I probably shouldn't do TOO much too fast, just getting back into it and man it feels so good.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    3. Oct 31, 2009 11:55 AM (in response to badgergrl)

Great runs, everyone! I ran my longest ever unsupported training run- a 50K! I felt really strong, I was really consistent (5 mile splits for the first 25 miles were 45 seconds between slowest and fastest), and I was fairly fast (~4:27 marathon) on rolling hills. It was a miserable day to be out for so long- blustery and rainy- but I met another to-be JFKer (we IDed him as training for an ultra when we saw him running while eating pizza- no joke) and got to run with a pro ultra runner who kept telling me how consistent I was and how much potential he saw in me. I can't believe that run a) is done and b) was so easy (it helps that there was a costume 5K we ran into- one runner was a porta potty!). I swear I've run 10 milers that were tougher. I have another 10 tomorrow but I feel so fabulous right now; today was the first time where I really felt like I can actually do this 50 miler and that's simultaneously moving, empowering, and overwhelming. Someone save this post and show it to me in another 20 days when I'm freaking out!!! Happy Halloween, friends

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• runbennyrun Amateur 25 posts since
    Jun 14, 2008
    4. Oct 31, 2009 12:04 PM (in response to DCtoPgh)

Good runs, everyone! And especially to you DC... well done! I'm in awe of you!!

I'm gonna head out for an easy 3 in just a bit. I didnt sleep well last night (less than 3 horus) and that really hurts considering I'm still in marathon recovery mode.

Happy Halloweening!

• KarlD_Navy84 Legend 879 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    5. Oct 31, 2009 1:44 PM (in response to dutch omi)

I am on the bike today plus a little abdominal work.  Did an interval workout yesterday and got my tempo run in on Wednesday evening after returning from Dallas.  Tomorrow morning will be my second of three 20 milers.  Looking for right around a 9 minute pace if everything works out okay.  Talk to you soon.

Karl

• Cory Steiner Pro 61 posts since
    Jul 14, 2009
    7. Oct 31, 2009 3:07 PM (in response to dutch omi)

I'm starting all over concentrating on perfect technique and adding some core strength training (using no equipment except for a $1 Theraband for one exercise and some dumbells).  Ran one mile today and I'm sticking with that until I've mastered world-class form - www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jJ7bWJfp64

If interested, too, a good start for strength stuff (I think) is www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9i3PqkMjUs

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    8. Nov 1, 2009 6:49 AM (in response to Cory Steiner)

Best picking up sticks, moving vines, putting rocks in holes pretending to run workout in months.  The trail may be headlamp safe just in time for Standard Time.

• Cory Steiner Pro 61 posts since
    Jul 14, 2009
    9. Nov 1, 2009 9:27 AM (in response to Immer treu)

I considered that, but instead (as a variation of no shoes) I'm running without pants to make full use of momentum.  Fell over the first few times.

• PersianP Legend 468 posts since
    Oct 14, 2008
    10. Nov 1, 2009 7:02 PM (in response to dutch omi)

We ran around Lake Austin a few times, I did 2 loops with Steve 10 miles and one loop with my daughter another five miles. Steve did another loop by himself which made a total 20 miles for him!

It was great day for Halloween

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    11. Nov 2, 2009 6:18 AM (in response to PersianP)

I ran 60 mins, I will start back to my regular training Mon.

• ColdForged Pro 145 posts since
    Apr 1, 2009
    12. Nov 2, 2009 6:55 AM (in response to dutch omi)

Still recovering. Knees and legs continue to express their disdain for me. I'll likely head out tomorrow.

2009 Marine Corps Marathon Finisher

2010 Shamrock Marathon Finisher

Twitter :: My running site :: My personal site

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...