Skip navigation

1428 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2009 8:11 AM by PersianP RSS 1 2 Previous Next
Becky8846 Legend 686 posts since
Apr 1, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 9, 2009 5:50 AM

Day late Sunday runs...

I got in 7.6 yesterday at a leisurely pace but I couldn't get in to post.  Hope everyone had a nice weekend and ready to hit it and git it this week!

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    1. Nov 9, 2009 6:00 AM (in response to Becky8846)
    Re: Day late Sunday runs...

Ran with Isaac for 30 minutes yesterday late afternoon.  It was a perfect fall day in Northern VA - upper 60s and just beautiful.  Thinking it's time I call the doctor and get my lungs checked out.  While I can tolerate running for 30 minutes, I am completely drained afterward and it still feels like there is a 20 pound weight on my chest.  Went hiking on Saturday (Old Rag) and just about died and felt shaky and just plain weak.  I dread the doctor and will do absolutely anything to NOT go, but I want to continue to run (and signed up for a marathon in May!) so I should probably get things checked out. - Wish me luck!

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    2. Nov 9, 2009 6:08 AM (in response to Becky8846)

Yesterday was bright sunshine and almost 70 degrees so I started with a short 4 mile run, then I got to run back and forth for about an hour so that a friend could get pictures of runners for his group, Running for Laptops, which raises money to buy laptops for kids from the foster care system who go on to college (one of the official charity partners of the Pittsburgh Marathon). Then I went for a bike ride. Tried out my new clipless pedals with a doctor friend of mine who was a collegiate cyclist. He actually brought gauze pads in case I wrecked which I found hilarious and endearing. They weren't needed but I did lean to the wrong side after unclipping and landed in a bush in front of lots of people at a busy intersection Got a good laugh at myself. Blessed is she who can laugh at herself for she shall never cease to be amused

Shell, I thought you got your lungs checked out a month or two ago. Go, go go!!! We need you better ASAP!

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    3. Nov 9, 2009 6:08 AM (in response to badgergrl)

Did 3 fast miles and then did hills.  I HATE HILLS!!!

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    4. Nov 9, 2009 6:14 AM (in response to DCtoPgh)

Kat - Welcome to the world of clipless pedals!!

I was GOING to go to the doctor a month ago and then decided to if it improved if I backed off a little bit and took it easy.  After hiking on Saturday, Ike made me promise him I'd call the dr this morning.  I hate the doctor.  They make me anxious!

Aug 15, 2007
    5. Nov 9, 2009 6:18 AM (in response to badgergrl)

badgergrl wrote:

Kat - Welcome to the world of clipless pedals!!

I was GOING to go to the doctor a month ago and then decided to if it improved if I backed off a little bit and took it easy.  After hiking on Saturday, Ike made me promise him I'd call the dr this morning.  I hate the doctor.  They make me anxious!

I totally respect that, but they also have the potential to make you better. It's not worth suffering through or missing activities you love because of fear. I'm sure it's something innocent but stubborn like an infection that a doc will be able to treat pretty easily. Keep me posted!!

My Blog | i2P

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,267 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    6. Nov 9, 2009 6:27 AM (in response to badgergrl)

badgergrl wrote:

. . .  Thinking it's time I call the doctor and get my lungs checked out.  While I can tolerate running for 30 minutes, I am completely drained afterward and it still feels like there is a 20 pound weight on my chest.  Went hiking on Saturday (Old Rag) and just about died and felt shaky and just plain weak.  I dread the doctor and will do absolutely anything to NOT go, but I want to continue to run (and signed up for a marathon in May!) so I should probably get things checked out. - Wish me luck!

Grrr . . .  (I'm channeling Carl again).  You durn well better get it checked out.  It took my wife 55 years to figure out that she needs to pay more attention to her health.  Hopefully your record will be much better.  MAKE THAT APPOINTMENT AND GO!!

Len

• ColdForged Pro 145 posts since
    Apr 1, 2009
    7. Nov 9, 2009 6:48 AM (in response to Becky8846)

Did 6 at race pace on another stunning fall day. Little warmer than usual at 76, bright sun. My knees are still complaining a bit about the MCM. I guess they weren't lying about possibly needing 3 or 4 weeks to feel 100% back to normal.

2009 Marine Corps Marathon Finisher

2010 Shamrock Marathon Finisher

Twitter :: My running site :: My personal site

• silvereagle Legend 1,159 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    8. Nov 9, 2009 9:00 AM (in response to Becky8846)

I ran a race called the Souper Run its to benefit a food bank this was my third time running, the weather was beautiful here just alittle foggy in the early morning on the way to the race. I thought I would do better then i did last year but anyones guess at how much. Well let me tell you I pulled a 42:19 for a 10k and won first place in my 40-44 age group. I feel awesome today, go figure.............

Have a great, safe day!

Dennis

It's not only about finishing, its about finishing healthy!

• ColdForged Pro 145 posts since
    Apr 1, 2009
    9. Nov 9, 2009 10:46 AM (in response to silvereagle)

Now that's awesome! Sincere congratulations!

2009 Marine Corps Marathon Finisher

2010 Shamrock Marathon Finisher

Twitter :: My running site :: My personal site

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    10. Nov 9, 2009 10:54 AM (in response to silvereagle)

Congrats, that's awesome!!! First in your age group, YEAH!!!! Enjoy the high!  And your time, great.  Was it a PR?

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,267 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    11. Nov 9, 2009 11:32 AM (in response to silvereagle)

Great race, Dennis!  Congratulations!

Len

Aug 15, 2007
    12. Nov 9, 2009 12:17 PM (in response to silvereagle)

Wow!!! Congratulations!! That is a great time! And you look like you should be in a younger age group. But I'll let you stay in that one since you WON YOUR AGE GROUP!!! Amazing!!

My Blog | i2P

• Steelers21 Legend 592 posts since
    Apr 8, 2008
    13. Nov 9, 2009 12:20 PM (in response to Becky8846)

I ran a 10k on Sunday in the park near where I live.  The race featured several miles over dirt tracks and a bit over and across a field.  My first quasi trail run, I guess.  I ran like I usually do - steady but slow.  I would have won my age group with my time, if either (1) I was 80 years old or (2) I ran the distance 20 minutes faster than I did in reality.

• silvereagle Legend 1,159 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    14. Nov 9, 2009 3:08 PM (in response to Steelers21)

Thanks everyone You all are Awesome The support here always put a smile on my face!!!!!!!!

It was a PR for me and I will take it.....

Im hoping to get a couple more minutes off my time to get it below 40:00 for a 10k

Thanks Again!!!!!!

Dennis

It's not only about finishing, its about finishing healthy!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...