Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1633 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2009 11:14 AM by Steve Carton
Steve Carton Legend 369 posts since
Oct 11, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 30, 2009 10:51 AM

Harrisburg, 2009 - Anyone Running It?

My running partner and I are headed to Harrisburg PA on November 8, 2009 for the Harrisburg marathon. Anyone else out in active-land going there?  Anyone run it before? It will be my first time running it so maybe some course pointers - what to expect and so on? I understand it to be mostly flat with some minor hills around the lake district.

Any thoughts, anyone?

• dorfy Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 30, 2009 9:26 PM (in response to Steve Carton)
    Re: Harrisburg, 2009 - Anyone Running It?

I've ran it the last two years and just registered to run it again this year.  The first three miles of the course has changed this year with a loop downtown (may not like, then again I'll run by the Capitol), instead of the loop around city island around 10k in (which I did like).

The course is mostly flat, except as you mentioned the hills around Wildwood lake....they will hurt the calves through there with use of being on flat surface.  It does get a bit boring on the course, most people will say Industrial Rd. portion (about halfway), but in my opinion its the long stretch on the Riverfront path next to Front St.  For almost 3 miles straight, it's just so boring and unexciting.  Other than that, I do like the course...and the organization is one of the best, so I cannot complain at all.  Spectators will be at the beginning and end.

The light windbreaker is cool and medal is useful towards the event.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...