NEED HELP?|

1705 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2009 8:38 AM by jneptune
KIKat Expert 27 posts since
Sep 18, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 3, 2009 8:26 AM

Where To Train?

Hi Everyone:

I am interested in using swimming as a cross-training tool, maybe get ready for a triathlon or a mini-version of one...

But where to swim, especially now that the cooler months are approaching?  Im in Rockland County, NY.

Thanks in advance.  I'm new to the site and really like it so far!

Kat

If you say you can't, you're right.

Twitter - KIKat1029

• jneptune Amateur 21 posts since
    Sep 24, 2009
    1. Nov 17, 2009 10:19 AM (in response to KIKat)
    Re: Where To Train?

I am not familiar with New York at all as I have lived on the West Coast my whole life, but I struggled with that "Where to water train" question too for a while. I had a gym membership at a place that did not have a pool and I didn't want to pay for another membership at a local aquatics facility at the same time. So, I ended up just switching gym memberships to where I have my weights and water in the same place for a few extra bucks a month. Do you have a gym membership? If not, I am sure there are a few gyms in your area that have an indoor pool as well as their equipment. Go check them out! Oh yeah, good choice on choosing swimming for a cross-training tool. I have been involved with aquatics for a while now and there really is no better workout!

Hope that helps even the least bit.

"True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united."

-Karl Wilhelm von Humboldt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful."

-John Wooden

• jneptune Amateur 21 posts since
    Sep 24, 2009
    3. Nov 20, 2009 8:38 AM (in response to KIKat)
    Re: Where To Train?

You're welcome. Happy Holidays to you as well!

"True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united."

-Karl Wilhelm von Humboldt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful."

-John Wooden

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points