Skip navigation

716 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2009 9:21 PM by PersianP RSS
Becky8846 Legend 686 posts since
Apr 1, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 27, 2009 9:58 AM

Tryptophan Hangover Friday

I got my weights and abs in today to prep for my long tomorrow...well not that long.  My plan calls for a 7 miler - I may do my 8 mile loop.  My main goal in this training is to learn to pace, so it has me doing two days very slowly for time - distance irrelevant, but at a specifically slow time, then I do speed drills on one day (1/4 mile repeats, then tempo runs later), then a long at a certain pace that is less than marathon goal pace until a couple weeks before the race then some medium longs at race pace.  It sounded like a plan to me and I'm on it!

Leftovers galore, so no cooking for a couple days.  Just sent my Sweetie off to the salt mines with some turkey sandwiches in his kit!  Yum.  Now my daughter and I are off to do some birthday surprises and Christmas decorating.

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    1. Nov 27, 2009 10:21 AM (in response to Becky8846)
    Re: Tryptophan Hangover Friday

I was going to do 8 today, but I guess it'll be tomorrow, just didn't feel like it today.  We went and cut down 2 Christmas trees this morning, in the rain,yak, brought them home and we'll start decorating tomorrow.  This is the first time we ever cut trees in the rain, we've had lots of snow, bitter cold, sunny and cold, but never rain.  Lots of leftovers here as well, it's a wonderful thing.  Going to visit some friends later this afternoon, fun.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,266 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    2. Nov 27, 2009 2:08 PM (in response to dutch omi)

I ran 4 easy miles today.  Probably nothing tomorrow, then 8 on Sunday.

Len

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    3. Nov 27, 2009 4:20 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

No runs for me for the weekend.  I ended up going home to MN for Thanksgiving and surprising my parents (with the help of my sister!) Man was it hard to keep that secret for two weeks as I talk to my mom every day! Went shopping (not early, went after the crowds cleared out) and walked around for 4 hours and then took the dogs on a nice walk.  Just a bunch of walking for me for the weekend and enjoying my family time

It was the first time in about 5 years that my entire immediate family was in the same place for Thanksgiving (and that my mom has had to cook!) so it was a very very good day yesterday.  Along with my dad's reaction of "Oh Sh!t! What are you doing here?" when I walked in the door and my mom's of "But I just talked to you on the phone and you said you were going to Isaac's parents! You and your sister are liers!!" It was the best!

• KarlD_Navy84 Legend 879 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    4. Nov 27, 2009 5:12 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

Did a 6 mile tempo run this morning.  Started off with a couple of easy warm up miles followed by 3 at my short tempo pace and finishing with a final cool down mile.Finished up in good shape.  Scheduled for 10 miles on Sunday then a couple real short ones next week before leaving for Vegas Friday afternoon.

Karl

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    5. Nov 27, 2009 6:03 PM (in response to KarlD_Navy84)

Deer, a horned owl, and one last frog highlighted a woodland stomp.  One extra large buzzard kept close for a while but finally decided I wasn't going to be supper yet.

• lv2trot Pro 164 posts since
    Jul 9, 2009
    6. Nov 27, 2009 6:26 PM (in response to Becky8846)

I did 3.5 miles today on the treadmill.  Ugh.  However, I re-discovered the gym at our clubhouse.  It's not too bad.  Good circuit stuff and nice dumb bells. 

I still need to get some weather running gear.  I've got nothing - and really, I'm a cold weather wimp. 

If you can't stand behind our troops, Feel Free to Stand in Front of Them.

~ Speed is fine, Accuracy is Final. ~

MCM10k October'09 (1:28:41)  1st race ever

R2R10k - March '10 (1:15:41)

35th MCM 2010!  ~ 26.2 - Is It In You? (6:18:39)

Next up, so far:  run4virginiawine - Destination Run ~ 1/2 Marathon ~ 4 June 2011

• PersianP Legend 468 posts since
    Oct 14, 2008
    7. Nov 27, 2009 9:21 PM (in response to lv2trot)

I ran 10 fast miles today and walked 5 with my daughter. Going for 16 with my brother tomorrow.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...