Skip navigation

694 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2009 6:42 AM by YBBoard RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 29, 2009 1:36 PM

Bedford Turkey Trot 2009 Reviews

Share your experiences with the Bedford Turkey Trot 2009 below Back to event details page.

• David Oltman Amateur 3 posts since
    Nov 11, 2009
    1. Nov 29, 2009 1:36 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Bedford Turkey Trot 2009 Reviews

It was a great event.  Extremely well organized.  Started right on time, lots of bathrooms for runners.  On a scale of 1 to 10 - this event was clearly a 10!!!  They even had clocks at every mile to let you know your split times - just an excellent event from start to finish!!!  Thank you Bedford Turkey Trot - event organizers - great job!!!

• young enough to run Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 12, 2009
    2. Nov 29, 2009 4:40 PM (in response to Guest )

Loved this event! Very well organized. Friendly volunteers, bus to the start, a personal trainer who got us warmed up and an on-time start. I will run again next year.

• David Fried Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 28, 2009
    3. Nov 29, 2009 5:47 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first "real" 5k... and I think I'm hooked.  As said by the other reviewers, it was EXTREMELY well organized and executed.  As important, the crowd was a very friendly bunch, and made running much more enjoyable, even for hacks like me.  I'm definitely running the Turkey Trot next year.

• red.rabbit Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 29, 2008
    4. Nov 29, 2009 7:16 PM (in response to Guest )

Very well organized - thank you!  Community road race, but all the perks of a large-scale event, like chip timing.  All was clearly marked, mile markers were right on, and the results were up almost immediately.  Lots of fun.  Well done! 

• sue colgan-borror Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 19, 2007
    5. Nov 30, 2009 4:58 AM (in response to Guest )

Organized, fun local event. Starts on an uphill and continues for quite a long time....One very difficult hill but once past all of that,  its a pretty smooth run. Great vibe!!!

• Tim Bucs Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 20, 2009
    6. Dec 1, 2009 12:04 PM (in response to Guest )

Difficult course the first half then its pretty easy.  Well organized and they take care of the runners. Chip timing a plus.  Will run again next year!

• YBBoard Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 7, 2009
    7. Dec 7, 2009 6:42 AM (in response to Guest )

Pros : Well organized in side and out, volunteers were dedicated, safety and convenience services were excellent, On time event and very professional timing equipment was utilized, Police were terrific in the coordination. Prizes were outstanding!  Etc...

Cons: Very poor Publicity for this event. Gannet nor any other local rag participated in the recognition of this very costly race to the town. The video did catch the start of the race...! But failed to photo THE WINNER..Or Second PLace, Etc.. Why..? Was it not important..? It was better in past years races.. The tree falling and power outage on Rt 22 got more press that occured during that same time period... Some one dropped the ball... Well there's always next year... I'll win then..

SB

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...