Skip navigation

5528 Views 38 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2010 6:51 PM by shells216 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Keith Layman Rookie 5 posts since
    Nov 3, 2007

In reply to Ari - I finished at 3:55 and my results did not show up either.  My wife got e alerts via her cell phone for my splits, but they stopped at the 30k mark. I ran a slow race and could care less about my results being posted, but I would be irate if I posted a qualifying time. 

• Susan Greenwood Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 17, 2007

I have a complaint on the timing system. I was given one time on Sunday and Monday. It changed on Tues. by 6min, and then again on Wed. by another 5. I emailed the person in charge to try and find out what was going on but they don't answer. I have never run into this kind of problem befor and found it to be unacceptable. My clock and chip time are the same and that can't be unless I was on the start line!!!Susan

• Ari MacKinnon Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 29, 2009

Dear Keith:

I figured I could not be the only one whose time had not been properly recorded.  I wrote several messages and made several phone calls to race organizers and the time-keeping company.  Although they did not respond directly to my queries, my time was posted yesterday.  It might be worthwhile for you to write an e-mail to the race organizers if you'd like them to look into your case.  You worked really hard to achieve what you have, and even if you do not need the recognition offered by the results database, it's nice to get it anyway.  I'm sure they have pictures of you all over the Marathon course.

In all events, thanks for your message and happy trails out there running.

• BPS1976 Amateur 34 posts since
    Apr 7, 2008

Did anyone else not get a finisher's certificate?  I thought we were suppossed to download them afterward, but I haven't seen a way to do that, nor did I see a place to get them after the race.

I ran the half, and had a great time!  What a beautiful day and a fun event.

My chip time and clock time were only a second apart, which seems weird -- they both matched almost exactly what I timed myself on with my watch:  2:03:20.

http://earnyourdonuts.blogspot.com/

• JonathanHoffman Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 28, 2009

Hello all, glad to hear others are having issues with the timing. Sunday and Monday I had a 1:43:20 time for the half. Now it seems i have a 1:53:48??? I emailed them and they gave me my start and finish times which are wrong because i got the photos of crossing the line as a different time than they are reporting. Not only that but my wife had signed up for the txt notices and she has a different time txt than that and she would have gotten it while i was still running that i had finished if the time they are reporting me finishing is correct. Disappointed in the system however, and i must say it is just time, and the run was awesome!!! What a great day we had for it!! See everyone next year for my first full marathon!!

• LisaSchaeffer Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 3, 2008

Never again.  This was my fourth and largest marathon.  I was in the 4th or 5th wave and it took 15 minutes for me to reach the start, however, my chip time and my clock time were only two minutes apart.  I think there was a chip reader too far back from the starting line.  This really sucks because you shouldn't be timed while you are standing in line, waiting for your starting whistle. Also, I needed three potty breaks but the lines were so long that the first two took about 7 min each.  The third wasn't too bad because the outhouses weren't back off the road a bit and had shorter lines. So much for Philadelphia Marathon being a fast course.  I'll stick to the smaller marathons.  The weather was great, the volunteers were pretty cool, except at the finish, not much fanfare.  Sorry, Philly, but next year I'll stick to Wilmington. 

• Keith Layman Rookie 5 posts since
    Nov 3, 2007

I received an email from the Philadelphia Marathon and they found my results and updated them online. For the last week there was no evidence that I had finished at all - my wife had thought I dropped out.  Thanks to the people there who fixed my problem - I hope the rest of you get similar results.

• Joyce Resources Inc. Rookie 3 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007

Impt note from the Registrar:

If you have a problem/question about your results for the Philadelphia Marathon, Half Marathon or Rothman Institute 8k, please

1) click on the 2009 results link on the website, www.philadelphiamarathon.com, to see the wave times.

wave 1 = elite/seeds and maroon

wave 2 = black

wave 3 = green

wave 4 = gray

wave 5 = purple

wave 6 = orange

wave 7 = blue

2) Clock time = time your wave went off subtracted from the time you crossed the finish mat.  Chip time = time you crossed the start mat from the time you crossed the finish mat.

3) if questions/problems still remain, please send an email to philadelphiamarathon@gmail.com, subject: results problem/question by December 4.

Results will be certified by December 6.  The finish certificates will be available online after the results are certified.

Thank You!

- to all our participant for choosing the Philadelphia marathon

- to Mother Nature for a picture-perfect day

- to our volunteers... could not do it without you!

• shells216 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 17, 2009

This was my first time in this event, and my first Half-Marathon ever.  I thought the race was well organized.  Aside from my time changing by about 5  minutes each time I checked throughout the day, it eventually settled on what I figured my chip time was anyway.  I was very happy with the event, and hope to make it a regular race on my yearly calendar.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...