Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1023 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2009 4:08 AM by JamesJohnsonLMT RSS
jorg1 Rookie 2 posts since
Aug 24, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 30, 2009 8:38 AM

Inner thigh pain

About 4 weeks ago, I was cross training in a cardio circuit training class and came down on a jump wrong.  It felt like something tore in me innner thigh on my left leg.  A visit to the doctor and an ultrasound revealed that I have a hematoma (deep muscle bruise).  I was told to take two weeks off and that it should go away by itself.  It is now four weeks later and anything that I do that puts direct pressure or any impact on the area hurts.  I have pain shoot all the way up my thigh.  I was able to run the Turkey tro I had planned.  It was fine during the run, but afterwards hurt like hell.  I have been running for five years injury free, so I'm not used to having to take time off.  The elliptical and bike are getting pretty boring.  Has anyone delt with this before?  I'd like to get back to running soon.  I was training for a half marathon in May and a full in June.

• JamesJohnsonLMT Legend 1,129 posts since
    Aug 23, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Dec 2, 2009 4:08 AM (in response to jorg1)
    Re: Inner thigh pain

Take time off now or spend more time injured later.

Try biking to see if it decreases stress on your adductors. Cardio will be preserved, and you can cross train other muscles in the mean time while allowing the hematoma to heal. I suggest increasing Magnesium (spinach, dark greens) and Vitamin C intake to speed recovery.

Live to fight another day.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...