Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

4253 Views 41 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2009 3:58 PM by atrainerforhire 1 2 3 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 23, 2009 8:24 AM

2009 Enmark Savannah River Bridge Run Reviews

Share your experiences with the 2009 Enmark Savannah River Bridge Run below Back to event details page.

• clazarow Amateur 16 posts since
    Oct 20, 2007
    1. Sep 23, 2009 8:24 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 2009 Enmark Savannah River Bridge Run Reviews

This is the best, hardest, and most fun bridge run in the south.....Definitely do the double pump....

• coolgdad Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 28, 2009
    2. Dec 5, 2009 7:01 AM (in response to Guest )

I have been running in races for over ten years. By far, this was the worst racing experience I have ever had. I signed up for the 5K and arrived at least an hour early to the event. It then took me about 20-30 minutes to find parking which was not something that I had planned on paying for. With about 30 minutes before the start I finally found the packet pickup table. I told them my name and they couldn't find my packet. They asked me if I was doing the 5K or the 10K and I told them the 5K. They then told me that I had to pick up my packet on the other side of the bridge. Not being from Savannah, there was no way I was going to make it in time, and just my luck, the last trolley had already left for the 5K. I did everything I could to be prepared for this race. Printed out directions and everything. Unfortunately the directions didn't mention that it was for the 10K. I'd like to get my money back, but I recall seeing somewhere on the site that there are no refunds. I had about 3 or 4 friends that I mentioned this event to, but they they decided not to come at the last minute. I'm sure glad they didn't.

• PenAimie Amateur 20 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    3. Dec 5, 2009 10:04 AM (in response to Guest )

I LOVED IT!!

This was my first time for the SRBR.  I must admit that I was a little nervous, what with the cold (it was cold for Savannah) and the drizzle and the BIG BRIDGE!  But it was GREAT.

The event staff were friendly & helpful.  There was plenty of parking (free for the 5k on Hutchinson Island & $1 for the 10k by the Civic Center).

The information, tips & faq's on the website were invaluable in helping me to plan out my morning so that I could be where I needed to be on time.

The crowd waiting for the race to start was friendly & fun.  Santa was in a cherry picker at the start line, dancing before he blew the horn to start the race.

After the 5k, although trolleys were provided, many of us just walked to River Street to catch the Water Ferry (free) back to Hutchinson Island.  It was a nice distance for a cool down walk after the race.

The results were posted VERY QUICKLY!

I will DEFINITELY be doing this one again next year!!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/PenAimie/ththExercisegirl.gif?t=1261365530http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/PenAimie/thCGBANNER.jpg?t=1258811316 livin' in Savannah, GA

http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/GA/Savannah.gif

• Celia Henson Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 16, 2009
    4. Dec 6, 2009 10:36 AM (in response to Guest )

Every year this race gets better.  The organizers do a great job and it is a fun event.  Now that we no longer live in Savannah, we look forward to coming back for bridge run.

• Hercenfelser Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 6, 2009
    5. Dec 6, 2009 10:52 AM (in response to Guest )

This was the first year for my wife and I to participate in the bridge run.  We do these events for the fun, exercise, personal challenge and to collect some cool shirts   We've both taken part in a variety of other organized events around the country and were not at all disappointed with the overall organization for this one.  Registration, advance packet pick-up and parking organization were very easy to figure out.  The only down-side was not knowing when the awards were going to take place after the 5k.  We both finished and waited around for close to an hour enjoying the free food and beverages, but never heard a mention of when or exactly where the awards were going to be done.  We were both cold and wet and since we had to park on the other side of the river, dry clothes were out of reach so we had to head back.  All in all we had a great time and are looking forward to doing it again next year!

• Joyce Kelner Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 29, 2009
    6. Dec 6, 2009 11:00 AM (in response to Guest )

The run was fun overall, however, one BIG problem was that there was only ONE restroom open in the convention center for the myriad of people waiting to go to the start line.  Getting close to the start line, there were porta-pottys, however, they were too far away to walk to and back with the weather being cold and rainy.  I would like to see them closer to the convention center. 

Also, there were trolleys that were supposed to take us back to the island, and three were waiting -- with NO drivers for over a half hour.  We finally gave up and walked to the water taxi.

• Karen459 Rookie 8 posts since
    Dec 5, 2009
    7. Dec 6, 2009 11:05 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first 5K and at the Savannah River was a bonus. Despite the cold and rainy start, it ended with a bang! It was a great start to my 5K future. I did have 2 problems though. The convention center restrooms weren't open at all after the race and there were only 2 water stations. One at the beginning and one at the end, nothing in the middle when I was about to fall out. Thank goodness the sun wasn't out or people would have been dropping. The finish line area was great.

It doesn't matter what you do as long as you keep moving

• J.lyons821 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 30, 2009
    8. Dec 6, 2009 11:26 AM (in response to Guest )

The event was well organized.  My goal was excercise and fun.  Thanks to the event staff for helping me accomplish this!

• R Dean Carroll Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 5, 2009
    9. Dec 6, 2009 11:35 AM (in response to Guest )

My team and I had a blast!  I had participated in the Bridge Run in 2008 so I knew all of the ins and outs.  I believe the organizers did a great job planning for the rain and took steps necessary to prevent any mishaps.

My only recommendation for future events are for walkers to be started after the individuals who want to run.  There were times, particularly on the bridge, that we had problems getting around the walkers as they took up the full width of space allocated for the run.  I understand if this is something that can't be achieved; however, it really be nice.

Thank your again for all your efforts to make the Savannah Bridge Run 2009 such a success!

• Frank Carlton Rookie 5 posts since
    May 29, 2009
    10. Dec 6, 2009 11:50 AM (in response to Guest )

I love this race. My internal clock is already ticking for the 2010. Please don't change anything because I've told my friends exactly the way you have organized such a great race. Thanks for the memories and continue to keep us informed about the bridge run that starts in only 364 days.

• RBM1961 Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 6, 2009
    11. Dec 6, 2009 12:02 PM (in response to Guest )

I thought the race was great! The weather couldn't be better. Thanks! I had a great time. I really enjoy the bridge. It makes for a great challenge.

• MClemons Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 18, 2009
    12. Dec 6, 2009 12:09 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my frist time running the bridge run. It was great.. getting to the start line via trolly...and during the run participants and vollunteers were helpful and/or great. Love the fact that photo's were taken during and after the run and the local coverage (via wtoc) on the event. I recommend this run for all... at least once ... its not as bad as it seems! See ya'll next year!

• MegWalker Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 26, 2009
    13. Dec 6, 2009 12:24 PM (in response to Guest )

Absolutely loved it. Challenging but fun. This was one of the biggest races I have ran in and definitely will do it again next year!

• Weavich Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 2, 2009
    14. Dec 6, 2009 2:05 PM (in response to Guest )

If we could control the weather it would have been perfect. Otherwise it was a very well run event. Ready for next year!

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...