Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1765 Views 26 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2009 11:56 AM by runsamrun Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • mark baranko Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 21, 2007

Great course, better organization. DINO and Hoosier Hikers council do a fabulous job supporting runners from start to finish. Thank You

• matthew lee hicks Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 30, 2008

My first marathon and man was it a challenge. No complaints whatsoever. Thanks

• Bill Eisner Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 29, 2009

Nice race.  Agree with all other comments.  It's a trail marathon, but for me the most difficult climb was a gravel road,straight up, mile 13-14?  Ouch.

• Bisectional runner Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 31, 2007

This was my first marathon in 2003, and I've been back every yearcan appreciate a lot of the above reviews.  As a veteran of 33 marathons to date, though, I can tell you all Brian organizes a heck of an event.  One consistent issue each year seems to be the bus drivers not all knowing how to get to the startnot sure how to guarantee this if he can't control who the drivers are.  Still, I think it was awesome to have a shuttle offered from the airport to the Inn!!  I'll tell you that you won't find that at many runs this size!

This will definitely challenge those not ready for trail runsdressing for the weather, the water crossings, the mud, the rocksdefinitely some mental prep in there too!  Come without any hill training and your body will be talking to you by mile 12-13.

Someone criticized the distance between aid stationsnot much way to get them any closer, if you think about it. (OK, maybe a few spots along the course to stick in some others...) And I'd challenge you to find a trail marathon with better stocked stationsmore variety here than I've seen in 7 years.  And the post race meal has been receiving accolades since year one.  Hats off to the ladies behind the counter!

Weather's always unpredictable--this was the coldest year yet.   I've been in short sleeves in the past!

A salute to your team, Brian, and the support they raise for the trails here in IN!  I know this race is growing, but hope you don't let it get too much larger.  Even with only 590  out there, it felt a little crowded this year.

I'll be back as long as you keep doing it!

DRFTYACF!  Todd

• RitaB Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 6, 2008

This trail marathon was grueling, yet beautiful!  My wife and I enjoyed this challenging run together and we will truely remember every hill and creek.  This was our first trail marathon and we picked a doozy.  The race organizers and volunteers did a great job of preparing, organizing and running the event.  It was a sunny day full of great adventure and we will always think back on this day with fond memories.  We will recommend this run to many of our running friends, especially those looking for a race to remember.

• carolynruns262 Rookie 3 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007

Awesome support, aid stations, finish line care. Horrendously difficult trail. Absolutely gorgeous! I am a slow runner, age 67, and after several face plants and too much wading through icy creeks plus worrying that I would not make the cutoff time I gave it up at mile 21. Must come back next year if I can convince someone to stay with me. Thanks DINO and Brian.

• Bruce Henry Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 17, 2008

Despite the very challenging course it was a great event.  This was my first trail marathon and 4th oveall.  The DINO crew did a great job with logistics and created a fun atmosphere with a well coordinated race day.  Scenic course that is up and down ALL day.  The weather was great and it is hard to imaging running this course in the rain or snow.  The majority was technical trail running with abundant stream crossings, switchbacks, etc.  I would recommend this one for anyone looking for a challenge.

• tlordthestuff Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 26, 2009

First Trail marathon.   WOW!   I can't even explain the rush I have from doing this event.   What a challenge.....Everyone was friendly......the staff along the way was outstanding.   TOP NOTCH event.   I will recommend this run to anyone who wants to take it to the next level.

THanks.

• tammyshuler Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007

This was the most challenging course I've ever ran. It was my first trail marathon. It was awesome! I was just getting over pneumonia but I made it. I want to come back next year when I'm healthy and do it again.  Great aide stations, though gu would have been a good addition.

• JoeWee Heinrichs Rookie 1 posts since
    May 30, 2008

Great people, runners and volunteers alike. I wouldn't change a thing about this marathon.

• jmihm Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

Absolutely my favorite marathon yet! First trail marathon and grueling but SO much fun. It has me wanting to do more trail marathons, including a repeat of this one. Great aide stations, great support on the course, great people, amazing food and warmth post-race. The whole experience was amazing. Kudos to DINO and Hoosier Hikers for an amazing race. Will definitely recommend to others and be back for more next year!!!

• runsamrun Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 6, 2007

This was one of the best races i have had the pleasure to run in. All the people that manned the aid stations were wonderful. The races was challenging and well worth it. Great sandwiches and a cozy fireplace at the end.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...