Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

871 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2009 8:43 PM by Run Pitt 80
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 7, 2009 10:51 AM

5th Annual Reindeer Dash for Cash 10 Miler and 5K Reviews

Share your experiences with the 5th Annual Reindeer Dash for Cash 10 Miler and 5K below Back to event details page.

• Susie Barry Rookie 6 posts since
    Oct 17, 2007

This was my first time running this event.  I thought it was well-organized and well-run.  The support was great, especially the National Guard kids (I say kids because they looked so young - I guess I'm getting old!)   The local police were pleasant and provided good route control.  And best of all, it was for such a worthy cause.  I had to travel to get there but I would be more than happy to run it again.

• kgeer Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 2, 2008

Great race!  course is fast and flat and great support throughout!  I will definitely run it again and the cause is worth it!

Kristi

• BA Wilkie Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 28, 2008

This was my second year running the Dash for Cash.  Last year I did the 5k and this year I did the 10 miler.  It's a one of a kind race for our area, well organized and executed.  My favorite local race by far!

• Bob Soucy Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 7, 2009

I definitely enjoyed the event.  To call it a "race" would be mislabeling it for me as my time was not what I would call competitive.  This was my first time running in the Reindeer Dash for Cash and I will be back.  As a member of the National Guard, I was proud to support the cause and wish that more of our members would participate.  The event was well-organized, the route was clearly marked, and there was plenty of support for the runners.  The Greenville Police Department provided security and traffic diversion, there were members of the National Guard on hand at each intersection to keep vehicle traffic off the route, and there was an EMS response unit on-site to assist with any medical issues along the way.  I was very impressed with the event. 

Bob

• CaptRalph Rookie 4 posts since
    May 4, 2009

Great race! Well marked.  I did the 10 miler.  All intersections were patroled and safe.   The support crew was awesome at the start, throughout the race, and at the end.   Waiting until 3:30 (2.5 hours after the race) was a bit long to see who won the door prizes.   But worth since I did get a book    I would pull this in by 45 minutes.

• Radarrenee Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 27, 2009

Great race!  I did the 5k.. it was my first time in Greenville and I would love to go back in 2010.  Nice community event, and a great cause.  Very organized and patriotic!!

• boris rost Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 11, 2009

I have run in many races this year. I felt the most motivated and inspired due to the recognition given in remembrance of Captain Christopher Cash, and the other military personnel on hand. I happened to find this race online, and had no idea how much of an impact it would have on me emotionally and spiritually. I would like to thank all of our service members, and I intend to run 10 more miles next year. I thank all who participated and contributed to making this event successful. Thank You!

B. Doyle Bunn    Midlothian, VA

• Run Pitt 80 Expert 42 posts since
    Feb 14, 2009

I like to run races that support a local cause (a scholarship fund as this race was, not one of the usual "disease" races) and thought it was really cool they had a sister race run in Iraq.  I hope they post photos here from the Iraq race!!!

This race was well organized, lots of volunteers, great that they had packet pick-up inside the community center, and a nice red shirt for Christmas!  I ran the 5k and loved the loop course.  The finish was just accross the bridge into the park, and they had the bridge decorated with flags and balloons - that was cool!  Also, since I did the 5K, I was able to hang around and cheer on the 10-milers, in between bagel bites!, as they finished.

At the finish, they had lots of bagels, bananas, water and gatorade, plus subs from jersey mikes (suggestion: only get subs with whole wheat bread, please!)

I would recommend everyone mark their calendars to do this event next year.

Anthony L. Boerio

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...