Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

11217 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2009 7:00 PM by boldpacemusic Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Brian Rob Rookie 1 posts since
    May 18, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. May 24, 2009 1:32 PM (in response to Anastasia72068)
    Re: Running music? newbie to running here.

I am extremely new myself, started last week.  I am slower, my pace is 11 min miles, but i am 240 pound chubby guy. lol

My list includes  Cantiloop - Us3, Vehicle - The Ides of March, Fortunate Son - CCR, Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry,

Around the World - Red Hot Chilipeppers, Higher - Creed, Hey Man Nice Shot - Filter, Paradise City - Guns N Roses,

and i finish with Right Now - Van Halen all in that order for motivational reasons.  I wish you all the best in running!

• FruitMan Rookie 5 posts since
    May 24, 2009
    16. May 24, 2009 5:11 PM (in response to Brian Rob)

I am new to this too. I have sooo much in my itunes that it has become cumbersome. I am looking for a simple solution.

I like what I see at run 2 rythm - so I'll definately have a go at that. 15 minutes a track sounds good.

J A

• The Ferret Amateur 11 posts since
    Jan 28, 2009
    17. May 24, 2009 6:21 PM (in response to Anastasia72068)

9min mile is slow? Man! I'm a tortoise! 

Anyways,  I usually listen to music that I like to dance to. All my music is usually techno or trance. Prodigy, Underworld, Orbital, Armin van Buren and Tiesto etc., The less words the better but I mainly want a consistent dance beat. Plus it helps me enjoy the journey.

It's all about personal choice really. Have fun!

• boldpacemusic Rookie 4 posts since
    Aug 1, 2009
    18. Dec 20, 2009 7:00 PM (in response to Anastasia72068)

Hi Anastasia-- You came to a good place for suggestions...I've found many excellent running songs here.   Here are my current favorites w/ bpms in ()...

I'm Confused - Handsome Furs (140)

Niagra Falls - Harlem Shakes (172)

Keep Your Head - The Ting Tings  (156)

Clampdown - The Clash (146)

Age of Consent - New Order (165)

Marathon and not a Sprint - Camera Obscura (169)

It's Okay - The Kings (165)

Lasso - Phoenix (152)

The Underdog - Spoon (146)

Getting Down - The Kills (150)

If you are looking for more songs specifically for running w/ bpms and are either inspirational, about running or have an up-tempo fast beat, you can find over 7 more hours of music at: http://www.remanents.com/blog/best-running-music-playlist-marathon/

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...