Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

6027 Views 28 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2010 7:48 AM by JillieHJ 1 2 Previous Next
MsCris1 Rookie 7 posts since
Dec 19, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 19, 2009 11:19 AM

Starting C25K today (12/19). Anyone else doing the same?

I'm a 38 year old who needs to get back into shape after way too long sitting at a desk working on a dissertation. I used to run somewhat about 10 years ago, but exercise kind of fell by the wayside when I went back to university. For health reasons, and because I miss the feeling of control over my body that I used to have, I want to focus on getting back into shape in a healthy manner. My initial goal is to run a 5K in early March. Anyone want to do the program along with me? My running days will be Sat, Mon, and Wed. Advice and motivation are always welcome!

• Flikk Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 19, 2009

I did the Day 1 of Week 1 today. I'm on a treadmill, so I can tell you I'm running very slowly (4.5m/h) and walking even slower (2.0m/h). But I did it and that's what counts, right?

• Bauer05 Amateur 35 posts since
    Nov 28, 2009

Way to go at getting started!!  I just finished Week 2 Day 3 (W2D3) and am sooooo proud of myself...I have no past history with running so this is all very new to me and am really looking forward to the challenges every week so here's to W3!!  I am running on a treadmill (I live in Canada so there is no way I will risk my limbs to frostbite this time of year...hehe) and downloaded the podcasts which I HIGHLY recommend!!  Good luck and Happy Holidays!!

Tam 

• RunYaYa Amateur 10 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009

I just started the C25K today.  I have been trying to talk myself in to it for a couple of months now.  I used to run when I was younger, but have not ran for about 20 years. Yikes!  I did D1W1 on the treadmill today. It's too cold outside for me right now.  I hope to get outside sometimes for workouts.  Your right it felt good to finally get off my duff and get started!  Good Luck and day 2 here I come!

Terri

~Terri~

"A Champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" - Jack Dempsey

• jenniferbaker Amateur 57 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

I started W1D1 yesterday. I don't know how fast I was going, because I was outside and don't have gps, but it felt good to be moving again.

• Spingirl1961 Amateur 11 posts since
    Dec 18, 2009

I'm not following th C25K program exactly--today was my 6th run, and I haven't been timing it. I do have the podcasts downloaded, but I don't really want to run with my iPod right now. I'm alternating running & walking on my own, and I just haven't figured out yet where I am exactly on the Plan. I'll check my route on the map tonight and see if it comes close to one of the listed workouts so I'll know where I am.

I did notice today that my breathing was much easier. In fact, it was the fatigue in my legs that made me have to walk, not being out of breath. So I guess that shows a little improvement in stamina.

MsCris, even if you're in the land of snow, I'll bet the streets or sidewalks will be clear enough for a run. Don't let anyone talk you out it (not even yourself!!)

Dec 14, 2007

Heading out for W1D2 - I'm thinking I may do an extra day of Week 1 if I am still too winded by D3.

Dec 14, 2007

Rest day!

Gonna go treat myself to some sushi and try to avoid shopping areas.

Dec 14, 2007

Sooooo, rest day turned into all the way through Christmas rest. Gonna head back out today though. Guess I'll go back to W1D1 for good measure.

• owl541 Rookie 4 posts since
    Dec 27, 2009

Tried starting W1D1 today. Ankles and shins hurt too much to finish the whole workout. Got about halfway through before giving in to the pain and hobbling home. Anyone else having similar problems?

Dec 14, 2007

owl451, yes I experience this too. My shins and ankles hurt when I try to run, so I'm not quite able to finish the whole routine. I'm wondering if I should do a walk program first to build up my legs to running.

Dec 14, 2007

I think I'm going to do a walking program, and then jump back into this when I can walk for 30 minutes. See you when I come back!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points