Skip navigation

11305 Views 107 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2010 10:50 AM by Chelsearain RSS 1 2 3 ... 8 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 1, 2009 11:41 AM

Gate River Run 2010 Reviews

Share your experiences with the Gate River Run 2010 below Back to event details page.

• Shawn Leary Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 4, 2008
    1. Oct 1, 2009 11:41 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Gate River Run 2010 Reviews

Best 15k in the USA!

• gatorman10 Legend 242 posts since
    Apr 23, 2003
    2. Dec 27, 2009 12:46 PM (in response to Guest )

If you live within driving distance this is not one to miss.  Interesting and somewhat challenging course.  (plenty challenging! ) Awesome atmosphere (runners and spectators alike), great expo, etc.  Plus a chance to run a great tweener distance.

• Eden Cook Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 16, 2009
    3. Jan 24, 2010 7:45 PM (in response to Guest )

Amazing race...I ran it for the 1st time when I was 10 years old and this year I will run it with my husband and my 10 year old!  Thanks Jax and River Run for a Fabulous Tradition!

• badugi77 Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 23, 2007
    4. Jan 25, 2010 7:55 AM (in response to Guest )

The Best 15k!

• Steve M Starr Rookie 3 posts since
    May 28, 2008
    5. Feb 2, 2010 8:27 AM (in response to Guest )

Such a great race!  Visit the link below to learn more about running for a cause!

http://www.jacksonvillerunningcompany.com/teamcourtney

• mtcbr Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 16, 2009
    6. Mar 13, 2010 9:19 AM (in response to Guest )

Just finished the 2010 race - It was a wonderful experience.  Well organized expo/packet pickup, helpful volunteers, good facilities, spirited spectators, nice shirt - everything you could want.  The course is tough but not overly difficult (the Green Monster aside).  I would HIGHLY recommend this race!!

• cascade5 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 10, 2010
    7. Mar 14, 2010 10:08 AM (in response to Guest )

Great race - lots of entertainment along the way, plenty of water and other stops, better toilet facilities than last year.  Also, they straightened out the beer mess from last year and there was plenty for everyone this time! 

• MichaelMiller1970 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 14, 2010
    8. Mar 14, 2010 10:19 AM (in response to Guest )

This was the first time I've run this race. Enjoyed it. Plenty of water stations, and the turn out from spectators helped to keep my pumped. I'm not sure what the big hype was about "The Green Monster", but the view from the bridge was worth the run. Looking forward to running it again next year.

• AMRAAM82 Rookie 3 posts since
    Mar 27, 2009
    9. Mar 14, 2010 10:33 AM (in response to Guest )

Great Race and Events! Won't ever miss this race in the future. (Note to jd2active: The corralled starts worked. You just had to have a qualifying race time and register early to get a spot. Try again next year.)

Parking was easy. What a beautiful day. Glad I did some inclined treadmill work in preparation for the Hart Bridge. I made a lot of passes on that portion of the race. Thanks GRR!

• ganeshv Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 30, 2008
    10. Mar 14, 2010 10:40 AM (in response to Guest )

Well organized race! Thanks to all the organizers and spectators for support. This is my third time running GRR and as always the experience was awesome. The run along the coast and on the "Green monster" are my best parts of the course. Good to see lots of people coming out and participating, cheering and volunteering. And it was a nice super-sized medal for finishers this time!! Go GRR!

• mrgbb2 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 22, 2007
    11. Mar 14, 2010 10:48 AM (in response to Guest )

This is always one of my favorite races. I have run it 26 out 33 years and it keeps evolving. The corralled start is great for those wanting great times. They need to have a separate start for walkers and baby pushers. It is getting way too crowded to try and have a good run with these non-racers in the same pack. Not that they should particpate but it is getting dangerous and someone can get injuried. I almost got run over by a baby carriage trying to get around a group of walkers that were 4 abreast.

These people should be a little more aware that there is a race going on and some people really train for it. Not that they are trying to be an elite runner but they take it seriously. Walkers and baby pushers should at least get to the side of the road and let the runners have the middle.

The first race I ran had 2,000 runners. Now its 15,323 official runners. So they need to reorganize the start.

All the volunteers are great and the fans and supporters are great. It is a fantastic event for the city and I will come back until I can't run or walk.

Thanks Gate.

• ugafan1 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 6, 2009
    12. Mar 14, 2010 11:02 AM (in response to Guest )

My first time running this event. Enjoyed it very much but I felt like the first 4 miles was dodging all the walkers. I feel if someone is going to walk in the first few miles should start in the back. Overall it was great and so were the sponsors.

• MarlinD Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 14, 2010
    13. Mar 14, 2010 11:07 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first time running any race. I really enjoyed it. I especially liked having your name on your bib. It was really cool as you were running to hear people chanting your name and cheering you on. The course was nice, even the bridge at the end wasn't too bad. Made for a cool finish. The only problematic thing was the crowd at the beginning. So many people makes for a hectic start. I agree that the walkers ought to be starting five minutes behind the runners, that way no one gets hurt.

• MarlinD Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 14, 2010
    14. Mar 14, 2010 11:07 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first time running any race. I really enjoyed it. I especially liked having your name on your bib. It was really cool as you were running to hear people chanting your name and cheering you on. The course was nice, even the bridge at the end wasn't too bad. Made for a cool finish. The only problematic thing was the crowd at the beginning. So many people makes for a hectic start. I agree that the walkers ought to be starting five minutes behind the runners, that way no one gets hurt.

1 2 3 ... 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...