Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

55104 Views 40 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2011 11:08 PM by mick0007 Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • gatorman10 Legend 242 posts since
    Apr 23, 2003
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Dec 26, 2009 1:16 PM (in response to Marc03820)
    Re: Men in Tights!!!

Do the world a favor and wear shorts over them.  I must be a cold natured floridiot, but I like them anywhere in the 40's...  I have some compression shorts with a built in mini jock strap that wear under them sometimes.  I also run at 4:30 am so its pretty much a moot point anyway...  If I know peeps are going to see me SHORTS.  Short shorts even.   Go all Richard Simmons but wear shorts.

• cyndi t Legend 1,061 posts since
    Aug 11, 2008
    31. Dec 27, 2009 2:35 PM (in response to cyndi t)

Because I'm an honest gal, I gotta say I broke my own rule this morning.  I wore my gear like normal (UA tights, really tight I might add, and sweatpants) and planned my long run. It was unseasonably warm in NJ this am.  I thought I was prepared.  I lost the first top layer (I wear multiple shirts too) around mile 2.  By mile 5 I needed to lose the bottoms bad.  So I stripped off the sweat pants and ran just with the tights.  Now I had a longer tech shirt over them, covered the butt, but I laughed at myself the whole rest of my 11 mile run cause I was such a hypocrite....and since I was so damn hot, I didtn't really care what I looked like...just thought I needed to share that!

TRUST THE TRAINING!

• Urbster Legend 760 posts since
    May 27, 2008
    32. Dec 27, 2009 4:53 PM (in response to cyndi t)

That's funny Cyndi, see you just never know!

• JoeInTX Legend 1,767 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    33. Dec 29, 2009 8:28 AM (in response to Urbster)

I've been known to wear running tights when its cold enough.  Normally just compression shorts, however may have to this weekend.  As for color or how, black with nada over or under. 

Cyndi - Bet you were "damn hot" in those running UA tights! 

• cyndi t Legend 1,061 posts since
    Aug 11, 2008
    34. Dec 29, 2009 9:17 AM (in response to JoeInTX)

You know it Joe!

Cyndi

TRUST THE TRAINING!

• Runnergirl0707 Amateur 19 posts since
    Oct 16, 2009
    35. Dec 29, 2009 11:56 AM (in response to Marc03820)

I guess I am the only one but my husband wears them and I think they are totally sexy!  He doesn't wear them around the house or anything but when he gets ready to leave for a run and he has his tights, his jacket and his beanie on I think he looks toally hot.  He looks hard core and fit and that is so appealing.  He does not wear shorts over his but he does wear compression underwear underneath so you don't get any shots of anything.

I am a newer runner so I don't have any of my own but I wore his a few weeks ago when the temp outside was below 20 degrees and they worked great!  I wore sweats over them though.  I need to get my own pair.

So to the OP I say wear them with pride!!

Upcoming Races:

Gambler Half Marathon~4/22/2012

Warrior Dash~6/10/2012

9/25/11 Omaha Half Marathon~ 2:23:38

• GOGS Amateur 36 posts since
    Apr 2, 2008
    36. Dec 29, 2009 2:30 PM (in response to JoeInTX)

I have my cw-x tights on for the YMCA run tonight @6:30 in katy. I will just be switching my jeans for my shorts or my running kilt[even better]. I'm thinking running kilt and ua compressions shorts for the resolution run 5k on thursday night, heres hoping for a nother sub 20 minute 5K . Then its 17 days to the houston marathon......

DistanceDatePR Time
    5 Km 02/12/2011 17:43
    10 Km
    38:01
    10 Miles 10/10/2010 1:04:45
    Half Marathon
    1:24:20
    25 Km 11/14/2010 1:40:17
    30 Km 12/12/2010 2:00:25
    Marathon 10/02/2011 2:52:21
    50 Km 02/26/2011 3:38:32

• mick0007 Amateur 8 posts since
    Apr 12, 2011
    37. Apr 12, 2011 10:25 PM (in response to GretaPRat)

I go running in my tights but not the thick ones I wear nylon stockings designed to hold thermal heat and support. I get really bad rashes so I don't wear anything under or over just a looong shirt, if you pull them up to tight this is what you get and you can hang to the left or right but if you dont do either and adjust properly before you go it will look like this, so its not a good look and I can say I have accidently frightened or made many youong girls laugh and get hysterical but no one ever died of emmbarrassment did they. so , what to do with the package keep it up but not 'free doggin" or flip floppin youneed support, very warm and no restrictions also good in summer cooling breeze flows right through but somehow doesn't release body heat. so for all you guys out there you don't have to be afraid mayby just brave and you will get called all sorts of things so just suck it up and let everyone think your an exhibitionist who cares.

Attachments:

http://www.lycraman.dk/guest/mikaloviche/mikaloviche-barex.htm

• Annna Amateur 36 posts since
    Feb 8, 2008
    38. Apr 14, 2011 5:17 PM (in response to Marc03820)

Post a pic Marc - I'd be happy to give an honest evaluation : )

Actually - I just looked at ^ his attachment (literally), and I take it back, don't post a pic LOL

Apr 12, 2011
    39. Apr 16, 2011 11:42 PM (in response to Marc03820)

I have a more shall we say discreet pair of tights not so revealing. I still wonder what all the talk is about some men worried about a liitle bulge or just wearing lycra or tights and the whole debate. lets move forward for those who have no shame and like to push the boundries a bit. not everyones cup of tea and for sure mayby a little over the top but guys lets liven up this world this debate about running gear. here I am running out of my apartment in my " when it's cold gear" so I don't freeze my ( u no wots ) off. I like to give a little titalation on my run and I know I go regularly on a specific route and I get my fans each day I don't dissapoint I heard one girl the other day say " there he is and they all watched me run towards them and they chuckled there at the place every day. I like to flaunt it OK I admitt not every one is into that but I know alot of guys who wish they could they like too and lets face it were all exhibitionists men and women just some are not out yet some of us are leading the pack. so don't pretend your not. go out of your way. soem girls get whistled at when they pass and thats prob not nice but some girls love to create a storm and do everything they can to excite and make us men drool. I'm just doing my male version. no complaints yet. all good so far.

Attachments:

Apr 12, 2011
    40. May 22, 2011 11:08 PM (in response to mick0007)

not just running we had  party and the girls decide this year what theme and the men had to wear tights. any sort  so we had ballet tights, robin hood, wwf pink and all colours outfits, we had running tights being worn and all the permeations therof from the said theme. of courrse the girls are wicked if not perverted. i wore medieval pirate style.

Attachments:

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...