Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4417 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2010 10:52 AM by longislandguy RSS
Turtle Who Runs Pro 110 posts since
Sep 29, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 12, 2009 7:38 AM

Nike + Sensor---Questions

Hi there,

I'm curious about the Nike + Sensor because I was thinking about getting this for my husband for Christmas.  He just started running again over the summer, and he wishes that he could have more information about his runs, so I thought that this would be a good idea for a gift.  I also bought him an Ipod Nano for Christmas as well.  The only problem is that he doesn't have the Nike + shoes that store the chip, so I was wondering if anyone has used the chip and put in in/on their running shoes a different way, and if the readings were accruate if you did that as opposed to buying the Nike + shoes.  Also, with the Nike + Sportband, do you need to have the chip in your shoe for that as well?  I was thinking as that for an alternative, but if I do that, I will still have the same issue with where the sensor can go on his shoe to be effective.

If anyone has any experience with this, if you could provide some feedback, I would appreciate it!

Thanks.

-I may be slow, but at least I'm moving forward. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points