Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

6757 Views 50 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 11:28 AM by davecamire 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 26, 2009 6:04 PM

Lowell 1st Run Reviews

Share your experiences with the Lowell 1st Run below Back to event details page.

• willeez1 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 2, 2009
    1. Dec 26, 2009 6:04 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Lowell 1st Run Reviews

Nervous. Excited to run in Lowell for my first road race in years. Hoping to complete the course in under an hour. Maybe 50 minutes if I can remember how! Happy New Year and good luck to all you other New Year's Resolutionists!

• DaveMata Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 5, 2009
    2. Jan 1, 2010 11:17 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first 5k, and it was a lot of fun. The route was a challenge for a newbie like me, and the police did great at keeping us safe. Everything was organized very well, water station was perfectly placed. All in all, best event I've ever run in! (Ok, it is the first, but still.)

Times were available within minutes, and the food was very good. (Especially the soup.) See you guys next year!

• KimWeeks Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 14, 2009
    3. Jan 1, 2010 4:28 PM (in response to Guest )

This was an excellent run along the beautiful Lowell riverside, especially when the sun came out and warmed our faces.  The volunteers and the emergency staff did a great job keeping everyone hydrated, organized and safe, thanks for such a great time!  I can't think of a better way to start the New Year than a 10K!

• frazierk1972 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 4, 2008
    4. Jan 2, 2010 10:21 AM (in response to Guest )

Great 10K race!  The volunteers were wonderful and the atmosphere was fun.  Thanks!

• Debra Binder Rookie 3 posts since
    Jul 8, 2008
    5. Jan 2, 2010 10:24 AM (in response to Guest )

A great run. Event was extremely well organized. I was really impressed! And it was great having people cheering the runners on along the route! Thanks for a great way to start the New Year.

• Steve1503 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 7, 2007
    6. Jan 2, 2010 10:34 AM (in response to Guest )

Great event, the only thing that was not great, was the turn from Varnum to Pawtucket, It was to narrow a turn for the amount of people running.

• Erin Keenan Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 8, 2008
    7. Jan 2, 2010 10:43 AM (in response to Guest )

I thought this was the most organized and smoothly run race I've participated in.  I appreciated the friendliness of all the volunteers (water stops, bag check, food servers).  I love the bibs with runner's names...a great keepsake!  Love the tech tees and medals...a great value for an affordable and very fun race!  A great way to start the new year!

• runningmybuttoff Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 27, 2009
    8. Jan 2, 2010 10:52 AM (in response to Guest )

Absolutely wonderful event! So well organized, friendly helpful volunteers, great "amenities". The food, drinks and entertainment were all really nice bonuses that you don't get at too many events. Plus giving every finisher a medal is a really good incentive to get out there and do it! What a fantastic way to start the NEW year!  Loved it, will be back next year!!

• Teriwelch Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 8, 2009
    9. Jan 2, 2010 10:55 AM (in response to Guest )

Great fun! Event was friendly and well organized. Runners bibs , tech tees and metal made the day special.  The course was nice. Thanks to all who worked and made it the best! See you next race!!!

• Mark Corbett Rookie 4 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    10. Jan 2, 2010 10:59 AM (in response to Guest )

Perfect! Could not have asked for better day for new years day! Well organized, freindly and fun!. I'll be back next year for this event.

• Jon MacK Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 11, 2007
    11. Jan 2, 2010 11:15 AM (in response to Guest )

Couldn't have asked for a better event.  Well thought out and all the amenities!

Definitely a repeater!

• Shakermikey Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 2, 2010
    12. Jan 2, 2010 11:18 AM (in response to Guest )

Great run, very well organized.  What a crowd. Nice t shirt too.

• laurie nicholas Amateur 5 posts since
    Nov 2, 2008
    13. Jan 2, 2010 11:32 AM (in response to Guest )

Great event! The shirts, medals, and bibs were great. I especially liked the medal. Very organized event. You would never have known it was a brand new race. Everything was extremely well done.

• Tinytall Rookie 4 posts since
    Jul 19, 2007
    14. Jan 2, 2010 11:41 AM (in response to Guest )

Not one complaint. The city of Lowell did a great job with keeping the streets clear, the event volunteers did a great job keeping the runners clear, and the event was definitely a success. I foresee this as growing in the years to come. Great job to all those who participated in organizing this race and to those of us fortunate to have fantastic weather to run such a good race. Nice flat course for the most part. This is a bit of a mental race for the 10K runners who run the "same" course twice, with one little hitch thrown in at mile 3.5 going down a side street. That helped break it up a bit. If I'm still in New England next year, I'll be back for this one!

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...