Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

15754 Views 35 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2010 4:54 PM by GS8 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • donmurf Amateur 31 posts since
    Nov 28, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Jan 7, 2010 1:37 PM (in response to rafael6m9d)
    Re: Ipod nano or Ipod Touch?

I agree with Corkers.  I use a nano, simply because... well, I got it well before a touch was even available.  BUT, I use it for running.  What else do I need when I run?  Am I going to try to log onto something to get an app?  I mean, who has time to do that?

So, if you're strictly using it for running (or just driving or whatever) go with the Nano.  If you plan on using it while drinking espresso, go with the touch.

• lifl2003 Pro 129 posts since
    Sep 30, 2008
    31. Jan 12, 2010 1:01 PM (in response to rafael6m9d)

I have run with my 8GB Nano 2G and the Nike+ sytem since 10/2008 and have loved it.

For this past Christmas my awsome wife got me a 32GB 3G Touch which I love too.

She got me an armband for it and I ran my daily 5 miler.  Although the app for Nike + is so much better than the Nano the weight and size trade off is not.  I don;t even feel the Nano on my arm anymore when I run.

When running with the Touch I felt it the whole time.

I kept my Nano and use it for running and love my Touch for everything else!

Mike in NY

"I can't means I won't"

My Blog - http://http://runningonli.blogspot.com/

• AUWalker Expert 38 posts since
    Jul 21, 2009
    32. Jan 15, 2010 10:13 AM (in response to rafael6m9d)

Lots of great info, and you see that people are happy with whatever they got.

I lucked out, a friend who had about 5 nanos gave me one. It was an older generation, 8gig, I think, not touch. Another friend gave me the nicke fabric arm band that was too big for her arm so I was HOOKED up. I like to change songs when I run, but had a hard time doing so through the band (although it was designed for it). I accidentally stumbled across the Timex Ironman Tri with Ipod controls while looking for a training watch. That is now the perfect set up. I just put the nano in the holder upside down (it has to have a little transiever plugged into the bottom). Track, volume control, and play/pause. You lock the nano, so no more acidentally turning it off, and having to either stop, pull it out, turn it back on, or continue on with no tunes,,, yuck..

You can get a nano pretty cheap, older model lightly used dirt cheap on Craigslist etc.

have fun.

"I find the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have"

Thomas Jefferson

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/27/09 Bridle Trails 5k Trail Run, Kirkland, WA // 28:25.1

7/18/09 Bill Burby 5K, Vashon Island, WA // 27:42.6

7/25/09 Sefair Torchlight Run (8k) Seattle, WA // 53:59

11/26/09 Thanksgiving Cross Country Classic (5k), Tucson, AZ // 27:28.2

3/13/10 JJ Mahoney's St. Patrick's Day 5k, Redmond, WA //25:26

5/23/10 The Monkey Run 5k, Snohomish, WA //24:41.4

Upcomming:

6/26/10 Bridle Trails 5k Trail Run, Kirkland WA// This will be my anniversary of running!

7/31/10 Sefair Torchlight Run (8k) Seattle, WA//

• gatorman10 Legend 242 posts since
    Apr 23, 2003
    33. Jan 15, 2010 11:31 AM (in response to rafael6m9d)

I have a nano for the car, a touch at home and a shuffle to run with (also have a 60 gig old school one).....  Why risk dropping (and lugging) the touch at $200 +?  The nano is good if you feel the need to see the albums and such but I have found I don't need that and it is much easier to replace a shuffle than any of the rest.

• Active_Medic Amateur 10 posts since
    Dec 10, 2008
    34. Sep 2, 2010 12:11 PM (in response to rafael6m9d)

1st generation Nano still going even after going through the wash 3X...1st generation shuffle still going strong..........but I am upgrading to a classic due to limited amount of music via my nano...any way very happy with my Ipods

• GS8 Amateur 9 posts since
    Jun 11, 2009
    35. Sep 13, 2010 4:54 PM (in response to rafael6m9d)

Ipod touch the whole way baby! I switched from iPod nano in 2008 and have never looked back.  Love the apps you can download, however, I never could get the Nike+ to work with it.  Two thumbs up for iPod Touch.

GS

http://www.savychick.com

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten" ~ Tony Robbins

Races Completed

6-2009 Intense Training's 5K Challenge for a Cure 40:48

7-2009 Expedition Everest 5K

11-2009 PAL Half Marathon/5K 35:04

2-2010 Coconut Creek Butterfly 5K Run 33:37

3-13-2010 MS 5K Run 32:12

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...