Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

22379 Views 85 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2010 8:12 AM by Achmed1 Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next
  • Imgellin Legend 526 posts since
    Jul 13, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    75. Jan 12, 2010 3:50 AM (in response to MHaar)
    Re: Pet Peeves while running?

This may suit your running style or it may not, but in a race, I do not care which side of a runner I pass him or her on. If he or she is in the middle of the road, I could just as easily pass the runner on the right as the left. As long as there is room.

Paul

2009 Indianapolis Marathon 3:59:14

• A.S.Hat Expert 29 posts since
    Jan 12, 2010
    76. Jan 12, 2010 5:04 AM (in response to Imgellin)

Imgellin wrote:

Snark, how often has this happened to you?

Paul

It happens at least twice a month. I blame Paula Radcliff. Once she did it on TV suddenly everyone thought it was OK. Maybe it only happens in the UK. Personal hygene is not as good here as in the US. Our bathrooms are cramped and cold most of the year.

• foxwithtrots Amateur 9 posts since
    Jan 11, 2010
    77. Jan 12, 2010 5:55 AM (in response to Imgellin)

my pet peeve is when people look when I have to piss in the middle of the road during a race, geez......move along people, common courtesy

Jan 12, 2010
    78. Jan 12, 2010 6:25 AM (in response to foxwithtrots)

Well...if you insist on standing on a chair and attempting to shower the crowd, what do you expect?

• Peccadillo Rookie 11 posts since
    Feb 6, 2007
    79. Jan 12, 2010 6:32 AM (in response to tcarter83)

I hate the way it makes my perky, voluptuous breasts bounce.

• foxwithtrots Amateur 9 posts since
    Jan 11, 2010
    80. Jan 13, 2010 6:44 AM (in response to A.S.Hat)

no,no I only pee on chairs during T2 of triathlons...then I ask a volunteer to get me some new shorts out of my special needs bag

piss=pee

Jan 12, 2010
    81. Jan 13, 2010 7:25 AM (in response to foxwithtrots)

Oh, that's OK, I don't enter triathlons. Triathletes are all pretentious wankers.

• Jack Cort Amateur 15 posts since
    Jan 11, 2010
    82. Jan 23, 2010 5:34 AM (in response to tcarter83)

when my junk flops out of my short-shorts during a race and the middle aged recreational jogger I am executing a passing maneuver on steps on it.

watch it , buddy.

• ExperiencedRunner Amateur 31 posts since
    Jan 19, 2010
    83. Jan 22, 2010 2:52 AM (in response to tcarter83)

I've got a good one (true story). I was running one day on my lunch hour when I lived in southern ohio, and ran down a street and some redneck, whom was 350 on a good day yelled scarcasitically at me "hey, is that as fast as you can go? "  Some nerve he had....Granted I am pushing 50 and I am not the fastest runner anymore....but I would not have a problem if a fellow runner asked me about that but some couch potato dude....geesh.......

As far as drivers not yielding to me... I wear a florescent vest even during the day...if some A**hole were to hit me....major law suit..it is one thing to be in the cross walk when the 'walk" sign is lite, it is far another to have a safety vest on too.......

this is one of my favorite threads so far...and all the entries that I have read are right on the mark.....

• Achmed1 Pro 74 posts since
    Jan 13, 2010
    84. Jan 22, 2010 8:07 AM (in response to Jack Cort)

I am thinking this in your dream not in true life.  Ha!

Infidels!!

• Achmed1 Pro 74 posts since
    Jan 13, 2010
    85. Jan 22, 2010 8:12 AM (in response to ExperiencedRunner)

In saudi and uae and kuwait if car hit person, everyone in car go to jail not only driver.  Same if hit person on bike or camel.  Family of peoples in car have to pay for bike or camel or anything.

Infidels!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...