Skip navigation

2397 Views 24 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2010 1:14 PM by McBeeper RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • chellebellePI Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jan 24, 2010 6:05 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: IDES Hot Chocolate 10K and Kids Hill Climb Reviews

LOVED the atmosphere and the course! They named it Hill St for a reason! The end is quite challenging, but you feel fabulous when you conquer it!

Found plenty of hot chocolate containers, but never any cups.

Will be back for 2011. Great job. IPODS are a must:-)

• DanBH Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 24, 2010
    16. Jan 24, 2010 6:16 PM (in response to Guest )

Very well organized event.  Probably the friendliest race I've run. 

There seemed to be a volunteer at every minor turn in the course....cheering you on.  The only thing to work on is the announcements at the beginning of the race.  Could not hear them very well.  I will run this race again. 

• Southridge Runner Amateur 9 posts since
    Oct 29, 2007
    17. Jan 24, 2010 7:13 PM (in response to Guest )

Once again the race was very well organized.  My wife and I walked the majority of the race and found it very walker friendly.  Our thanks to all of the volunteers and local law enforcment personnel that worked the race.  The improvements from last year were great.  Mile markers were better, water stops more organized and well stocked.  Another year, another success! 

• KMAVL Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 10, 2008
    18. Jan 24, 2010 8:45 PM (in response to Guest )

Overall, this race was very well managed. 

It was affordable, too!  For about twenty dollars, I got a nice looking long-sleeved shirt, a high-quality pair of socks, and the equivalent of a breakfast after the race:  yummy bagels, bananas, and hot chocolate.   Try buying all that in a store and see how much it costs. 

This race even had a bag check.  I've run more than two dozen races, and that's a first for me.  How convenient to hand my bag to someone who would ensure that all is safe.  I didn't have to worry about keeping a car key on me, or hidden.

You couldn't miss the mile markers, and there was someone at every mile marker calling out the times.  I enjoyed it, and I felt like I was being challenged and taken care of all the while.  Volunteers were very accommodating.  They helped however they could. 

I'm so glad I ran this race. 

• latebloomer Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 14, 2008
    19. Jan 25, 2010 5:00 AM (in response to Guest )

Great race as usual! Only comment is to add better sound at the beginning. Never can hear the announcements.

• Beth Abernathy Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 2, 2009
    20. Jan 25, 2010 10:00 AM (in response to Guest )

Overall this was a great race and would love to do it again.  My only frustration was before the race started.  I asked 3 different volunteers where to get shirts and socks and got 2 different (and incorrect) answers and 1 who admitted not knowing where they were.  I finally asked a fellow runner who had a shirt in his hand and he correctly told me where they were.  But then I literally, and physically, got stopped by a megaphone in a volunteer's hand and was not able to enter the gym to get them without going back around to the front.  Seems like the system would be smoother if numbers, shirts, socks, and chips were all given out in one package instead of making people search to find everything.  Or if these items continue to be spread out, then volunteers need to be better trained to answer questions.

• Clive Fenster Legend 316 posts since
    Sep 7, 2009
    21. Jan 25, 2010 11:40 AM (in response to Guest )

Overall, I enjoyed the race and especially those finishing hills -- great challenge!  I found many things about it very well done: the packet pickup, course volunteers and directions, mile splits, obvious effort that went into cleaning up the park paths, the finish chute, the great "apres-race" food at the school, and the $35 shoe deals!  Negatives, in order: those Powersox, which were knee-high snowsport socks (at a foot race?!) and which I was told they only had in one size (medium, which fit up to a men's 9.5), the not-quite-loud-enough PA system (lots of runners chattering in the lineup), and the lack of a chip-mat at the starting line.

• Clive Fenster Legend 316 posts since
    Sep 7, 2009
    22. Jan 26, 2010 9:54 AM (in response to Guest )

[ignore]

Message was edited by: CliveFenster -- deleted duplicate posting

• lecky haller Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 26, 2008
    23. Jan 26, 2010 7:24 AM (in response to Guest )

great event. Need better PA at the start (but better than last year). They should ban I-pods, what's the point can't you motivate yourself?

• McBeeper Amateur 12 posts since
    Jan 31, 2008
    24. Jan 26, 2010 1:14 PM (in response to Guest )

Loved it as usual, gets better every year!  Will be back for 2011.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...