Skip navigation

2112 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2010 8:41 PM by Jimmy_D_Jarhead
DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
Aug 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 12, 2010 9:53 AM

Friday runs

An hour on the trainer and the usual core stuff. I was LIVID when I got on the trainer after dealing with the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

(Warning I'm about to vent)

Do not, I repeat DO NOT subscribe to XM radio. I'm about to write a letter to the BBB, I can't believe they are still in business after how they dealt with me.

(Venting complete)

Good news is anger fuels fast rides and fast rides douse anger Looking forward to a busy weekend!

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    1. Feb 12, 2010 10:06 AM (in response to DCtoPgh)
    Re: Friday runs

Sorry to hear about the awful customer service but it sounds like you had a good ride due to it

3 miles on the treadmill, slowly getting faster! Now let the Birthday/Valentine's Day weekend celebrating begin!

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    2. Feb 12, 2010 11:31 AM (in response to badgergrl)

I did a nice easy 6 this at lunch, before the rain/snow hits SENC.

Badgergrl enjoy your B-day/Valentine, I had mine with my wife last night.  I am off to Taos NM with my son for a week of skiing in the morning.

Becky any chance I am going to make it thru Atlanta in the morning (please), if I can get out of Wilmington.

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    3. Feb 12, 2010 12:41 PM (in response to BOSNPM)

I did a wonderful 2 hour hard ski this morning.  It was wonderful, took a new trail, it goes up, up, up and more up, steep that is.  Lots and lots of herrigboning.  Good for the inner thighs.   Skied a good 10 or 11 miles.  A gorgeous day, blues skies, although a really tough breeze.  Going for more of the same tomorrow.  I figure this counts as Boston training, right.  I don't think I'll do a spring marathon again.  I miss skiing too much.

• DaveVause Community Moderator 1,447 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    4. Feb 12, 2010 6:01 PM (in response to DCtoPgh)

What's XM? I'm still figuring out my PBS FM stations!

6 miles on the treadmill. The roads are an icey mess....

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    5. Feb 12, 2010 6:14 PM (in response to DaveVause)

A-slippin' an' a-slidin' over a curious mix of snow, mud, and ice, the biggest surprises coming when the snow was softer than it looked, allowing several sudden drops into the drifted white stuff.  We're supposed to get a little more each of the next 3 nights and 2 out of 3 days; maybe that'll make the mud a non-issue for a while.  There's still enough black ice on roads and sidewalks to make them less than appealing, to say nothing of the noxious effects of headlights playing off the snow and ice.  The treadmill is serving as a very fine drying rack until we get freezing rain, hail, or lightning. Even the stationary bike gets more respect....

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    6. Feb 12, 2010 8:41 PM (in response to Immer treu)

Okay so I am new back on this site.  When I left there were ground rules that were in place as to not posting about future runs and such and I am confused now on the thread names.  Are we calling daily runs by the day of e week or the date with a simple fact thrown into the headlines from time to time.  Are we calling them Friday Runs(and other workouts) or 2/12/10 etc etc etc?  Just seeking clarity so I don't inadvertantly post something wrong.

Anyways as I mentioned in the dated thead I was forced to run a physical fitness test only a day or so removed from my birthday bash. It was 18 pull/chin ups which left me 2 shy of maxing out, 100 crunches in under 2 minutes (maxed out), and a run time of 20:20 on a cold windy course.  Not bad for an old dude I suppose.  Some would say how do you onlyget 18 pull ups but I say try and do them the Marine Corps way and as for the run I should have been about a minute faster but there was a weird head wind the entire way... even though it was an out and back course.  Good workout and for the record I finished a good 2 minutes ahead o the second place guy.

Jimmy

This place is like home!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...