Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1632 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2010 12:33 PM by CraftingFish RSS
janecleveland Rookie 3 posts since
Aug 30, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 14, 2010 8:36 PM

Start all Over?

Loved doing the C25K last year and ran until I got injured in late Nov 09. I have been doing the elliptical and walking since. should I start all over with the running plan or just plunge right in. I'm inclined to start over as I hate not being able to run. and I hate being injured. thanks for any feed back!

• silvereagle Legend 1,159 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Feb 15, 2010 9:42 AM (in response to janecleveland)
    Re: Start all Over?

Jane,

I would say start over, like you said the most inportant thing is to stay healthy and injury free....

It wont be very long before youll be right where you were last year.....

With you doing your eliptical and walking you should be able to go through the first few week pretty quick.....

Goodluck,

Dennis

It's not only about finishing, its about finishing healthy!

• CraftingFish Amateur 14 posts since
    Jun 15, 2009
    2. Feb 15, 2010 12:33 PM (in response to janecleveland)
    Re: Start all Over?

I've been off for about 2 months, mostly because winter and the holidays kicked my motivation in the shins, but I signed up for a new race and am getting back into it.

I say do a test run to see about how much you can still do and figure out what week to plop back down in to. I found that I only fell about a week behind where I was when I dropped out, so you might be pleasently surprised, especially if you've kept on the elliptical and everything.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points