Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

18998 Views 157 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2010 8:04 AM by Wideguy Go to original post 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next
  • susiecute Amateur 25 posts since
    Sep 28, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    150. Nov 2, 2009 6:10 AM (in response to AFatManRunning)
    Re: 200lb+ C25K Oct 26-Nov1

YAY YAY YAY!   I'm so excited for you guys!  CONGRATS!!

Sep 28, 2009
    151. Nov 2, 2009 6:11 AM (in response to Donna914)

Thanks, Donna.  It was a big deal.  But, now, reading AFMR's post, I am even more inspired to keep on going.

Sep 28, 2009
    152. Nov 2, 2009 6:21 AM (in response to ovenfried)

Jasmine and Turtle -

Thanks!  I can't wait to keep going!

Susan

• Smashville Pro 93 posts since
    Oct 20, 2009
    153. Nov 2, 2009 6:28 AM (in response to susiecute)

I finished both W2D2 and W2D3 over the weekend...one in the driving rain and one in the cold. I even had to bust out the long sleeves.

My socks (and the rest of me) were absolutely soaked when I got back from the run in the rain...but that was the run where I realized that I'm actually doing this...I'm actually going to be a runner.

Run, Noob! Run! - My Blog.

Follow me on Twitter: @RunNoobRun

C25K Week: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

• CenTexWannaRun Amateur 11 posts since
    Oct 23, 2009
    154. Nov 2, 2009 6:51 AM (in response to ovenfried)

finished Week 1 today - feel good, so i'm probably gonna do W2D1 tomorrow and then take my day off on wednesday.

also, after seeing AFMR talking about the 100 Pushup program, i checked it out and decided to try it as well.  i did my initial test at the end of last week and am starting the actual workout program tonight. thanks for bringing up that program AFMR - and thanks to you and everyone else for the C25k inspiration, as well. (BTW .. my 100PU inital test results: 34, starting me at Week 3 of the program)

-George-

C25k Progress:

Week: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Day: 1 2 3

• AFatManRunning Legend 326 posts since
    Sep 14, 2009
    155. Nov 2, 2009 9:22 AM (in response to SeeFluffyRun)

Thanks, Fluffy.  I  see you carry through on your word (the graduation hat)!

Yes, I see the difference myself.  It is nothing short of amazing.  I do have a question, though, that I'll throw out here and then repost in the current week's thread: Anyone else find themselved down after finishing? It seemed a little anticlimatic.  I know the stress from the weekend got to me (grad school--I brought it on myself), but I'm just...blech! I thought it might be my ADD--I hyperfocused on C25K and now that it is "finished," my brain is trapped in grad student mode again.

It was my wife's idea--really! Okay, it helps that I need to lose the weight, too.

http://oursecretplan.blogspot.com (FatManRunning - Couch to 5k)

Completed Couch-to-5k - 10/30/09

Chaska Turkey Trot 5k - 11/14/09 (42:13)

Howard Lake Turkey Tagalong 5k - 11/26/09 (42:23)

Sat around like a bum while I finished grad school - 11/27/09 to 6/25/10

Restarted running 6/26/10

City of Festivals 5k - 08/07/10 (40:45) - ran with Mrs. F and four of the kids!

• SeeFluffyRun Legend 251 posts since
    Sep 2, 2009
    156. Nov 2, 2009 10:07 PM (in response to AFatManRunning)

AFMR  I apologize it was late (the cap).  It was a crazy Halloween week.  But you know maybe it is the ADD.  I am ADHD and C25K W9D3 was eh....  When I started C25K I was scared.  I was scared it was going to be another workout program that I wouldn't finish.  I looked ahead at what was expected of me in week 9 and froze.  Then I found a group of people that were going through it with me.  (Sorta like this group) And I watched those ahead of me and drew my inspiration from them, then I looked  at those who at just started and cheered them on.  There was a constant rush. I would spend my day thinking "wow look at all I accomplished"  and because I was witnessing the program working, I would think, "Wow I can't wait until I do this."  So I plowed through the program. Being the data junkie, I had graphs of my pace and distance and weeks I completed and a schedule of my next runs.  I loved the feeling of completing another run.  I dreamt of the day I would graduate from C25K.  In my mind, the sky was crystal clear, the air would be crisp and I would seem to float when I ran.  I would have that beautiful gait that I see some people run.  I knew I would be beaming.

THen W9D3 came and I ran it.  It was uneventful, except my NIke plus failed me and oh, it was my 100th mile also...and my Nike failed me.  Anyway, I ended the run in the funk.  And then it was the unknown.  What do I do now? Nothing will seem as exciting as that first discovery that yes you can run.  So I try to keep runs on the schedule...Race for the Cure, MS Run, Human Race...something to look forward to doing.  I found I am a team organizer and love creating teams to run.  And I must say...I am the slowest on my team.

So I know what you mean.  Find another program like Gateway to 8K or One Hour Runner ( I think you mentioned that one this week) or Galloway Program or Hal Higdons Spring training.  Whatever you do, just keep running.

Graduated C25K 08/09/2009

Restarted 04/01/2013

Follow me on my journey: SEEFLUFFYRUN

Twitter: @SeeFluffyRun

Facebook: SeeFluffyRun

Blog: seefluffyrun.blogspot.com

• Wideguy Legend 1,161 posts since
    Aug 27, 2009
    157. Mar 3, 2010 8:04 AM (in response to AFatManRunning)

Just bumping this thread because I see a lot of familiar names. Hope you're all doing well.  

C25K GRADUATE!
    Complete 10/30/10

And then I let it all go again. More "restarts" than I can count but I haven't given up hope or trying yet. So who knows what's possible.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...