Skip navigation

4294 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2010 10:39 AM by ericbenjaming RSS 1 2 Previous Next
EPE09 Legend 508 posts since
Dec 28, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 20, 2010 9:19 PM

What is your favorite basketball video game?

Mine is NBA 2K10 because of the my player mode and the street game mode. What's your favorite game and why?

• bretttanner171 Expert 43 posts since
    Jan 18, 2010
    1. Feb 21, 2010 12:53 AM (in response to EPE09)
    Re: What is your favorite basketball video game?

2k10 but only on PS3. PS2 doesn't have the same features and 360 is kinda gumby to control.

• JNugBballer14 Pro 101 posts since
    Feb 1, 2010
    2. Feb 21, 2010 6:41 AM (in response to EPE09)

Mine is by far NBA Live 10. I do agree that the controls are kind of annoying, but once you get used to them they are fine. NBA 2K10 has pretty bad graphics and it just isn't as realistic as Live.

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better, and your better is best." ~Tim Duncan

* "Dare to be great." *

"Hard work, a positive attitude, confidence, and a smile are the keys to success."

Basketball is life....#14

• JNugBballer14 Pro 101 posts since
    Feb 1, 2010
    4. Feb 21, 2010 4:20 PM (in response to EPE09)

Yes i have played 2K10, and i use the X-Box 360. I don't care what you say i still think NBA Live 10 is the best on X-Box 360.

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better, and your better is best." ~Tim Duncan

* "Dare to be great." *

"Hard work, a positive attitude, confidence, and a smile are the keys to success."

Basketball is life....#14

• KingDuce Amateur 18 posts since
    Jan 15, 2010
    5. Feb 24, 2010 3:03 PM (in response to EPE09)

I've played both Live 10 and 2K10 vigorously and they're both great games.

Nba 2k10 is the better video game by alot.  The graphics are realistic, the commentary is off the charts this year, and most importantly the SIGNATURE STYLE play.  Every player is unique and plays exactly like their real life counterpart.  It's been broken down to every little detail from their freethrow form to what spots they're effect on the court.  It gives players a taste of what a REAL nba game is like and how frustrating it can be to actually go up against the NBA's best.  For example....Kobe Bryant in this game is ridiculous when he gets hot.  He'll stop trying to post you up and take more of a triple threat position utilizing screen and roll opportunities to find a way to score.  Lebron James is great at rebounding and once he gets a running start towards the basket, clear the lane!!  Dwyane Wade is a great passer and probably the fastest player in the game.  It's little things like that which make this a great game.

Also the my player mode is probably the most addicting thing ever.  Not only do you get to create a player from scratch and make him look however you choose, but through skill progression, you can play like your favorite player or create your own signature style (with the templates in the game of course).  Once you feel comfortable enough with that player you can play pick-up games (5 on 5) with other players across the WORLD and even create a crew and take on other crews for bragging rights.  There's also a feature where you can have 29 other players control one team, and go through a one-man nba draft (with all the current nba players) and begin your own online league.  One guy drafted Kevin Garnett (surprisingly with the "18th" draft pick) and the computer drafted guys like tracy mcgrady, shane battier, joakim noah, leandro barbosa, and alot of other great players.  He made a trade for Baron Davis soon afterwards and a few other pretty good team players and last time I checked he was 26-2 in the league's standings.  I'm not sure if they have a playoff system involved, but the way it's setup it looks like it does so that's a pretty cool feature.

All in all, Nba 2k10 is dominated the sports games this year...selling more than madden and even ncaa football.

I recommend EVERY basketball fan get this game.

• ClutchLegend33 Pro 99 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    6. Feb 26, 2010 9:09 AM (in response to EPE09)

I actually like nba live 09 better than 10. The controls are a little less weird and theres no great new feature about 10 that makes it better.The whole nba live series has better graphics than 2k

• pj2010 Amateur 16 posts since
    Feb 3, 2010
    7. Mar 6, 2010 6:07 AM (in response to EPE09)

Mine is NBA 2K 10

The Greatest

• kd35fan Pro 92 posts since
    Jan 30, 2010
    8. Mar 6, 2010 9:15 AM (in response to EPE09)

I prefer football games but i'd have to say NBA live 10 for PS3

• UR2EZ Pro 88 posts since
    Mar 5, 2010
    9. Mar 7, 2010 8:23 AM (in response to EPE09)

For the first time in my 14 years of life i believe "live" is better than "2k"

• Bring back Lil Penny Legend 764 posts since
    Oct 14, 2008
    10. Mar 8, 2010 10:05 AM (in response to UR2EZ)

NBA JAM by far the was the best. I loved the Supersonics combo with Kemp, Peyton and Detlef or the Hornets with Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson.

• tkrink12 Pro 59 posts since
    Apr 24, 2010
    11. Apr 26, 2010 6:53 PM (in response to EPE09)

2k10. My player is addicting and the association is awesome. My starting 5 is Tyreke, Kobe, Durantula, Pau Gasol, and Superman. won 10 of the last 12 championships

• BBalllover53 Legend 335 posts since
    Mar 30, 2010
    12. Apr 27, 2010 6:31 PM (in response to EPE09)

Nba live 09

• Busdriverkid Legend 362 posts since
    Apr 16, 2010
    13. Apr 28, 2010 6:17 AM (in response to EPE09)

NBA 2K10

• sufan33 Pro 84 posts since
    Apr 26, 2010
    14. Apr 28, 2010 7:17 AM (in response to EPE09)

nba live

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...