Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1538 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2010 7:59 AM by msglamis
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 13, 2010 11:03 AM

Armadillo Run 28th Annual Reviews

Share your experiences with the Armadillo Run 28th Annual below Back to event details page.

• herbtown Rookie 3 posts since
    Sep 28, 2007
    1. Mar 13, 2010 11:03 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Armadillo Run 28th Annual Reviews

This is one of the best races I ever went to (I've been in thousands).  It is extremely well managed, the course was flat, scenic and well patroled.  There were 4-deep age-group awards, plus a lot of random prizes.  Best of all was the post-race spread which included ample quantities of fruit, bagels, sandwiches, pizza, and beer! Thumbs up and 5 stars!

• rocdoc50 Legend 240 posts since
    Oct 4, 2007
    2. Mar 14, 2010 1:46 PM (in response to Guest )

By far one of the most well organized races in the Tampa area.  From the sign up to the final door prize, this one is top notch.  The race itself is on a flat course through a beautiful neighborhood, quite easy for many to get personal records.  Police support is strong so no worries about having to dodge oncoming vehicles.  Plenty of food to eat after the run including several types of fruit, bagels, pastries,...even pizza.  Lots of water and gatorade to keep your tank full. Always a good race and will look forward to the next year's run.

• KariFit4Life Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 16, 2007
    3. Mar 14, 2010 4:20 PM (in response to Guest )

I agree with everything said here!  It was a great community race - offered more than most races but had a really nice small community feel.

• Cynda Rash Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 22, 2009
    4. Mar 14, 2010 5:39 PM (in response to Guest )

the Armadillo race was very nice. very well put together. loved the massage after the run very nice touch!!  the few sips of beer (nice and cold) after the 5K race...plenty of fruit and bagels and the cream cheese!!!  I even saw cold pizza....people really appreciate the time and care that you all took to put this together..I  want to say tank you to all of you...loved the race

• luv2run0828 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 7, 2009
    5. Mar 14, 2010 6:19 PM (in response to Guest )

It was a beautiful morning, beautiful scenic route and well organized. My only disappointment was that I needed water at the finish of the race and I couldn't find it...usually expect it to be a little closer to the finish line.  Saw a lot of people with bottles but apparently those ran out fairly early. Maybe bottled water, or any water, near the finish line next year???? Otherwise great!

• nursebettyann Amateur 8 posts since
    Dec 15, 2009
    6. Mar 14, 2010 9:17 PM (in response to Guest )

The race was so nice. There was plenty of foods to eat after the race.  ( No junk foods) The massage was a bonus. The raffle tickets was  great!  Most of all,  the awards were awesome! The plaques  were beautiful and decorative.  I like the post race feast and the awards.  I am sure  runners feel their efforts of hard working were paid off and recognized (for those who were competitive runners).  Thank you to all the sponsors, the volunteers, the race director who made everything is perfect for the race. Only 1 tiny suggestion, please have someone to stay at the turn for 5K or there should be a sign '5K turn here" and '10 K go straight". I am a little bit confused because 10K and 5 K were running at the same route, I almost go straight instead of turn left for 5K. Overall, it was an excellent race!

NurseBettyAnn

• Harry Muller Amateur 6 posts since
    Mar 9, 2009
    7. Mar 16, 2010 10:11 AM (in response to Guest )

I love this race. Good organized and friendly volunteer THANK YOU ALL!

I yust missed the Gatorade or similar on the course. Because just water, is not well for my stomach.

• Pete Horvath Rookie 4 posts since
    Oct 1, 2007
    8. Mar 18, 2010 12:09 PM (in response to Guest )

Good race, Good course and well organized. All volunteers were great.

Mo only complaint, I don't understand why almost a full week after the race the results are not posted... What's the point of chip timing if the results are not going to be shared?

• Jenn Head Rookie 4 posts since
    Dec 15, 2009
    9. Mar 19, 2010 5:05 AM (in response to Guest )

I agree with you Pete. It was a good race, but results are nowhere to be found. Last time they posted results accordingly to active.com  was 2007...a bit dissapointing!

5.jpg

• Harry Muller Amateur 6 posts since
    Mar 9, 2009
    10. Mar 19, 2010 7:57 AM (in response to Guest )

@ Pete and Jenn

I found result here : /www.coolrunning.com/results/10/fl/Mar13_Armadi_set1.shtml

greetings from Switzerland,  Harry

Attachments:
  • msglamis Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    11. Mar 23, 2010 7:59 AM (in response to Guest )

Great race!  This is a very well organized event with a beautiful course.  It's close to home for me which is always a plus (N. Pinellas races aren't the norm), the venue is small but still chip timed and it's a very family friendly event.  I highly recommend this race!  Still looking for the race results though...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...