Skip navigation

721 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2010 6:15 PM by realtorromero RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 14, 2010 10:46 AM

Romancing the Island 12K & 25K Reviews

Share your experiences with the Romancing the Island 12K & 25K below Back to event details page.

• Jfshelton Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 3, 2008
    1. Mar 14, 2010 10:46 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Romancing the Island 12K & 25K Reviews

A bunch of us grad students from UC Davis ran the Angel Island 12k and 25k this year, and I can say confidently it was the best run many of us had ever done. The organization was smooth and low key because it was a small event, and the incredible views made one forget that they were running at all.  I would recommend this event to anyone, it was super fun and non-competitive, beautiful and relaxing.  A fantastic Saturday morning at the very least.

• mattpatch Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 24, 2008
    2. Mar 14, 2010 11:23 AM (in response to Guest )

5 stars on a five scale.  Well-organized, great course, phenomenal views.  Most fun I've ever had at a race and I've done dozens. 

• matthew finnerty Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 16, 2009
    3. Mar 14, 2010 11:33 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first trail run - I LOVED IT - it was so much fun and the perfect (small) size, the course was great wtih views views views... Next year the rubber chicken is mine!

• shelrun3 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 31, 2008
    4. Mar 14, 2010 3:27 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first trail race and it will be hard to beat!  The run itself, the views, the organizers/participants were all amazing!!! My only complaint is that I had to double back a couple of times since I missed some of the switch backs so I think it would be helpful to have a few people on the course directing or making sure you know where you are going (or signs with arrows rather than just the orange tape) since it can be easy to get lost in your run with the beautiful scenery around you.  Other than that, absolutely incredible!!!!!!

• Newbie_runner Rookie 1 posts since
    May 6, 2008
    5. Mar 14, 2010 3:41 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first organized trail race and it was absolutely fantastic! The runners were super-friendly, everyone was having a great time. Next time I just know to start out early in the front since it was easy to get behind some slower runners going up the hill. The views were amazing!!!!

• PaulKaye Rookie 1 posts since
    May 9, 2008
    6. Mar 14, 2010 4:54 PM (in response to Guest )

Romancing the Island is not an easy run -- over 3 miles up, 2 flat, 2 down. But, it is fantastic! You'll never find better views of the GGBridge, Alcatraz, and the city as you will on this run. I am definitely in for future races here.

• Sweetcheeks143 Rookie 4 posts since
    Oct 24, 2007
    7. Mar 15, 2010 9:07 AM (in response to Guest )

I was an Angel Island virgin until this race, and I loved it! I prefer running trails, so I was excited to do this one. The organization was great, the entertainment before the race was fun and the weather couldn't have been better! The views from the trail were incredible!  Next time, I'll carry a camera! This was a great way to spend a Saturday morning.

• realtorromero Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 21, 2010
    8. Mar 15, 2010 6:15 PM (in response to Guest )

Wonderful day and wonderful organization. I will be back to run this race again. What a fun event! Of course the best views in the world!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...