Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

793 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 17, 2010 4:04 PM by disneygal2 RSS
MissEva Rookie 6 posts since
Apr 2, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 17, 2010 1:40 PM

Running paths in Orange County, California

Hi, i am a newbie, i hear that running on concrete can be damaging to your knees..i am loking for good running paths in Orange County, California..in the past i ran on asphalt or grass, but i do wnat tp run now on more regular bases and i want to train for 5K in May..any suggestions?

Thanks, Eva.

• disneygal2 Legend 455 posts since
    Sep 30, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 17, 2010 4:04 PM (in response to MissEva)
    Re: Running paths in Orange County, California

I love the "Oso Creek Trail"...  I park in the shopping center on Marguerite that has Trader Joes, Saddleback Lanes, Del Taco, ect.  Right past the sidewalk past Del Taco you can turn onto the Oso Creek trail.  It is some asphalt for a mile or so but turns into nice dirt and leafy trail.   It has small rolling hills and is challenging for beginners but just a terrific place to run.  You go along a creek, with beautiful wildflowers ect.   I take it past Jeronimo and to the road right behing the Mission viejo rec center.   This is about a 4 mile out and back run for me...  all trails.

PRAISE GOD!!!

Couch to 5 K Graduation Day November 26, 2009

Dana Hills Turkey Trot  Thanksgiving Day 2009 5 K....  Time 32:22  MY FIRST 5k

Jan 9 Irvine 5k Time 32:52

Feb 7 Super Bowl 10k  1:08:31  MY FIRST 10K

September 5 2010  DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON:  2:41:00

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...