Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1767 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2010 7:43 PM by disneygal2
MissEva Rookie 6 posts since
Apr 2, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 9, 2010 11:38 AM

Anyone here from Orange County, California?

Hey, my first post here..i am a beginner runner and i`d like to meet other fellow female runners. I am looking for support & words of wisdom & ideas = running trails etc...

Any feedback would be much appreaciated, thanks, Eva!

• DianeMarie1023 Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 18, 2010
    1. Mar 9, 2010 1:12 PM (in response to MissEva)
    Re: Anyone here from Orange County, California?

Hi MissEva,

I am also a beginner and am in south O.C.  (Laguna Hills).

I started the C25K program early Feb and will be finishing the week 3, going into week four.

Let me know if you're anywhere nearby and I can give you some ideas for trails.

If you'd like to email me directly I will send you my address on a new post.

Maybe we can get a few people together to form a runner's group, it would really help with the motivation!

• disneygal2 Legend 455 posts since
    Sep 30, 2009
    2. Mar 9, 2010 6:13 PM (in response to DianeMarie1023)

I am also from Orange County and would love to get together to run.   I'm in the Mission Viejo area but willing to drive to surrounding cities.  It would be great to get a group of beginning runners together to meet and run.

PRAISE GOD!!!

Couch to 5 K Graduation Day November 26, 2009

Dana Hills Turkey Trot  Thanksgiving Day 2009 5 K....  Time 32:22  MY FIRST 5k

Jan 9 Irvine 5k Time 32:52

Feb 7 Super Bowl 10k  1:08:31  MY FIRST 10K

September 5 2010  DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON:  2:41:00

• Stombs Expert 50 posts since
    Oct 10, 2008
    6. Mar 17, 2010 2:07 PM (in response to MissEva)

Hi Eva,

Just saw your post but I am living in South OC (Dana Point) and have been running for about a year now. By August I will have completed 2 marathons and 5 half's. Let me know if youd like any more running partners.

"When you cross the finish line, no matter how slow, no matter how fast it'll change your life forever"

- Dick Beardlsey "Spirit of the Marathon"

Oct 10, 2008
    8. Mar 17, 2010 2:19 PM (in response to MissEva)

Def will send you a message! and don't worry, definately wont hold me back. I literally only started running last june and couldnt even run a mile at that point!

"When you cross the finish line, no matter how slow, no matter how fast it'll change your life forever"

Sep 30, 2009
    9. Mar 17, 2010 2:38 PM (in response to Stombs)

I'd love to get together as well...  I run 11:00 minute miles so I'm not fast...  you can pm me as well!

Jess

PRAISE GOD!!!

• DianeMarie1023 Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 18, 2010
    10. Mar 17, 2010 3:16 PM (in response to MissEva)

Hi Eva,

I live off of Paseo de Valencia and Alicia pkwy. Are you nearby? What time of day do you like to get out to run?

I'm new to this message board and have no idea how to send a private message here. Anyone who can help, please post here. Thanks in advance.

Sep 30, 2009
    11. Mar 17, 2010 3:55 PM (in response to DianeMarie1023)

To pm someone,  just click on their name and it will take you to their profile.  You can press on private message.  This would be good for exchanging phone numbers ect.   I live near Alicia and Olympiad/ Felipe.  I can run some mornings as I work Fri, Sat and Sun.  I am somewhat flexible.   I sometimes run at Lake Rancho Santa Margarita because its flat.   I am running there tomorow morning if anyone wants to meet there.  I'm going to be early as I have a dentist appt at 11:00.  I also love to run Oso Creek trail.. the part between the Mission Viejo rec center and La Paz.  Beautiful trail.. hilly but beautiful.   Let me know if anyone wants to meet tomorrow morning at Lake Rancho Santa Margarita.  Its a lake loop so people can go at different paces, distances and still encourage each other and semi run together.

Stombs.. you have quite an impressive race record lined up!   That is terrific!   I am training to do the Disneyland half marathon in September and I hope you might add that to your list.   I have a couple of sons and a daughter around your age.   I did the Dana Hills Turkey trot with them.   My 25 year old son is doing the LA marathon this coming Sunday.

Although I am older (53)   I am athletic.   I belong to hiking club and regularly hike challenging hikes.   I also play in a couple tennis leagues during the week.

PRAISE GOD!!!

Oct 10, 2008
    12. Mar 17, 2010 7:21 PM (in response to disneygal2)

Re: Disneygal,

That is awesome about your son doing the LA Marathon. I am 24 and just picked up running less than a year ago and have been running ever since. I am waiting to sign up for the Disneyland until late April, since I am in lottery for the New York ING Marathon/Half. Did you enjoy the Dana Point Turkey Trot? Its a great town to run in!

Sep 30, 2009
    13. Mar 17, 2010 7:43 PM (in response to Stombs)

Yes,  the Dana one was very "beginner" friendly,  nice and flat!   My first 10k in Redondo Beach super bowl Sunday was hillier.. but at least I do some training on hills now!   Hope you get drawn in the lottery,  that would be a wonderful experience!

PRAISE GOD!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points