Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2840 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2010 7:56 AM by ch718
dairygal Amateur 17 posts since
Mar 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 17, 2010 2:22 PM

What was your hardest week of C25k?

Hi all! I am loving reading the discussions here! Anyway, I've just started my C25k, and so far, it's going decent. I'm in week 2. Anyway, for those of you who are graduates, or who are ahead of me in the program, what was your hardest week, or day? I am really loving the program, but the bigger weeks are so intimidating to me. Really, will I be able to run a 5k?? It seems so unrealistic right now! I'm anxious to hear everyone's input!

Graduated C25K 5/8/2010

5/1/10 Turkey Hill Country Classis 5k- 37:03

5/8/10 Miles for Moms 5k- 32:43

6/30/10 Joe Heyer Mem Run 5k- 34:31

8/7/10 Seca Race for Rec 5k- 33:36

10/2/10 Hands on House 5k- 33:58

10/9/10 Spina Bifida Run 5k- 32:17

• CAKKAC Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 17, 2010
    1. Mar 17, 2010 5:04 PM (in response to dairygal)
    Re: What was your hardest week of C25k?

Hi,

So far so good.  I finished W3D2 today and it went great.  Challenging but great!  I am worried about W5D3!

Cathy

• meryl27 Pro 116 posts since
    May 18, 2009
    2. Mar 17, 2010 8:44 PM (in response to dairygal)

The hardest run for me was the very first day.  I felt awkward, and I coulnd't believe how out of shape I was.  It was kind of depressing, but also proved to me that I had to keep going and commit to the 9 weeks.

And let me say to those of you who haven't done it yet... the dreaded W5D3 run turned out to be my favorite run of all ---- because I couldn't believe I did it!!  The 13-14 minute mark was hell, but I pushed through it and before I knew it I was at 20!  Amazing!

The program works.  If you are completing each run, you are ready to move on.  If you absolutely can't push through one, repeat it!  Each one should be a challenge, but as you progress along you will be amazed at what you can do!!

Meryl I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday. ~Author Unknown

C25K Graduate 7/18/2009

• slowspeed23 Amateur 14 posts since
    Jan 24, 2010
    3. Mar 17, 2010 9:46 PM (in response to dairygal)

I am on Week 7 right now and this has been the hardest for me.

• asteadma Rookie 5 posts since
    Oct 20, 2009
    4. Mar 18, 2010 6:35 AM (in response to dairygal)

I got up this morning and did Week 6 Day 1. So far, this has been the hardest day for me. I haven't had any trouble completing a day so far, but I think today was so difficult because I ran outside and have been running on a treadmill for most of the last 5 weeks. The weather is getting nicer, so its great to be outside, but running outside is SO much harder than on a treadmill. I think I might stay on week six for 2 weeks and do all my runs outside so that I can catch my body up. I felt kind of discouraged after my jog today, and I definitely don't wanna feel like that.

Every other day has been great! It's amazing how much better I feel getting some exercise. I'm more relaxed, it's easier to get up in the morning, I'm motivated to choose other healthy behaviors (no occasional cigarettes, eating well, drinking water, etc).

I've also found that the days I really didn't feel like jogging and forced myself to go, were the best. I'd be dreading the gym after a long day of work, and once I started it never ever felt as bad as I'd feared. The thing I always have to remember is that you NEVER regret geting some exercise after you are done, you always feel better.

Good luck!!!

• bikenkaty Amateur 11 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    5. Mar 18, 2010 6:59 AM (in response to dairygal)

Week 2 was the hardest for me. Week 1 I was excited to be taking on something new and very motivated and although physically it was challenging I was ok.  But Week 2 was like oh crap, now I know what to expect.  I tried very hard not to look ahead after week 3 so I didn't know about W5D3 until my actual running day.  I was like "what? Already?" I am on W6D2 now and boy do I miss those interval trainings.

Bike Rides:

Tour de Houston 3/21/10 70 miles

Bluebonnet Express 3/28/10  78 miles

BP MS150 Houston to Austin 4/17-4/18 168 miles

Running:

Graduate C25K 4/7/10

Officer Training School PT test Ready by 4/23/10  1.5 miles under 15min

• ch718 Amateur 12 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Mar 18, 2010 7:56 AM (in response to bikenkaty)

Yesterday, w6d2 was my hardest.  I think it was really my own fault though because I don't think I was properly hydrated.  Plus, I was outside and it was only my 2nd outdoor run of the program.  The weather got nice enough this week to get out there finally.  I find that when I don't drink enough water, my runs are really much harder.  As someone else posted, the dreaded w5d3 run was my favorite so far.  I struggled much harder yesterday...the last mile wasn't bad, but the first one sucked.

Getting back into a healthy lifestyle so I can set a good example for my kids.

Couch to 5k program February - April 2010.

4/25/2010 - Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k 33:09

6/26/2010 - Binder Park Zoo Cheetah Chase 5k 32:42

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points