Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

209241 Views 1,403 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 4:48 PM by DrEbenezer Go to original post 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 94 Previous Next
  • Pragyan Expert 41 posts since
    Mar 30, 2009

A very good morning to all!

Andrea - Good luck! Today or tomorrow - all the very best for the start! I will be going W1D3 today - my initial plans of Mon-Wed-Sat will need to change to Tues - Thur - Sun. Only problem with this is that I have yoga classes on Thursday, but I guess I will stick to this till I can switch to my intial dates.

I am so so waiting for the weather to change to walk outside on the other days!

One good news is after a long time I have seen double-digit blood sugar level this morning! So excited and looking forward to an active and healthy day ahead!!

Have an awesome Sunday!

Started c25K on 03/20/2010

Graduated c25K on 05/22/2010

"Believe in yourself, know yourself, deny yourself, and be humble."
              - John Treacy's four principles of training prior to Los Angeles 84

• Drew55 Amateur 8 posts since
    Oct 13, 2007

Count me in.  Been cycling for years, but for all real purposes quit running when i retried from the army in '95.  Ran all the tine while in, but that wasn't really by choice all the time. Have a few other motivators not, so giving it a shot again. Beyond getting to the 5k, my goal is to get ready for the smaller length triathlons this coming fall.

• karlswany Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 24, 2009

im starting W1 D1 tomorrow cant wait i know that ill be wasted when im finished o well bring it on ha ha ha

• RunYaYa Amateur 10 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009

Thanks Andrea,

I'm in the Spring Hill Area. You're doing a great job keeping up with everyone on here!

I love the Belmont area and look forward to visiting the store for some shoes.  I hope your W1D1 goes good for you!  It looks like I'm starting tomorrow.

~Terri~

"A Champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" - Jack Dempsey

• IdahoFlybye Rookie 5 posts since
    Mar 26, 2008

Congrats to all who got their run in today - day 2 done!

• BradenMommyof5 Pro 176 posts since
    Jan 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    172. Mar 28, 2010 3:28 PM (in response to Hanailey)
    IT'S SO WORTH IT!!!!

Hey everone,

I just wanted to pop in and tell you all that this program is amazing!  Do what you can to stick through 'til the end.  The 9 weeks will fly by and you'll be proud of yourself when you get done!

I just finished the last workout of week 9, and believe me, if I can do it, anyone can.   I am a SAHM with 3 kids ages 4, 2 and 11 months (still nursing). I'm not a "couch potato" in the true sense of the phrase because I spend my days chasing 3 little ones around.  If talking about my exercise life however, I was completely a couch potato because exercise was non-existent, I didn't even go on walks.  The last time I attempted to run regularly was about 5-6 years and 3 babies ago.  I went from struggling to make the 60/90 second rotation to just today turning in a 33 minutes 2.9 mile run. 

Top 3 tips...

1) Check out what proper running form is supposed to look like.  I just discovered this week that I had terrible running form.  Today I focused on running correctly and had NO tighness or cramping in my muscles. The diffrerence in how I felt overal and in my endurance was amazing.  (http://running.about.com/od/howtorun/tp/runningform.htm  ) (http://video.about.com/running/Proper-Running-Form.htm

2) Don't stress about distance or pace, it will come with the buildup of your endurance. I just was able to hit 3 miles and it took 2 extra workouts beyond the Week 9 Day 3.  Be patient.

3) If you're a mom with little ones, FIND SOMEONE TO HELP!!! I did this C25K with a friend of mine who has 5 kids ages 8 yrs to 9 months.  We'd run two days a week (I'd do the 3rd on the weekend while my hubby was home), pool our 8 kids together and take turns running while the other watched the kiddos.  I would NOT have been able to finish this program without her.  See if someone is willing to do the program with you, or willing to watch your kids once or twice a week.  You only need less than an hour to do this.

Good luck!!!! If I sound like a broken record, I'm sorry, but honestly, THIS PROGRAM IS AMAZING AND SO WORTH IT!!!  Stick with it and don't let yourself get talked out of it....the feeling of accomplishment at the end is sweet.

BradenMommyof 3

Jenn / BradenMommyof5

<//><

• jelyla Pro 88 posts since
    Mar 25, 2010

Went to Endurance House (running store) and got fitted for a pair of running shoes.  tomorrow will be w1d1 for me.  can't wait to get started now that I have proper shoes!

The fitting was really great.  they record oyour feet as you run on a treadmill and show you in slow motion what your foot strike is like, then fit you in a pair of shoes and record you again so you can see that you now have a proper strike.  Soo cool!!!

Jen

Jen

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. "

Henry Ford

Race Schedule

Berbee Derby 5K - 11/25/2010 - What a way to start Thanksgiving!!!

Completed Races

Race for the Cure 5K - 6/5/2010 - 52'39"

Slow Pokes Against Strokes - 7/3/2010  - 49'43"

Jerry's Race 5K - 8/14/2010 - 51'52"

Cheese Day Chase 5K - 9/18/2010   - 49'07"

Old Stompin Ground Runaround 5K - 9/25/2010 - 49'02"

Ghoulish Gallop fna Home Run 5K - 10/30/2010 - 48'48"

Turkey Trot - 5 Mile CC Race- 11/7/2010 - 1hr 25 min

• RachelValentine Rookie 5 posts since
    Mar 26, 2010

Today was my first day with the program, and I'm definitely feeling it.  But I'm glad that I was able to stick it through!

GREAT luck to all of you!

• Jackaroo26 Pro 66 posts since
    Jun 13, 2009

AC: I found what seems to be a well-recommended proram by cnet editors and users at download.com. It's an audio editor that's free, called Audacity. Going to see if I can get those beeps or something in there tonight for w1d2 tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!

~Jackie Started c25k on 3/27/10 • Graduated (finally!) c25k on 8/28/10

Chase Corporate Challenge, Central Park, NYC, 3.5-mile race, 6/16/10, in 54:41 (5k time=48:14)

Marcum Workplace Challenge, Jones Beach, NY, 3.5-mile race, 8/3/10, in 53:00 (5k time=46:34)

"It's always better to run today." "Think of reasons to run instead of reasons not to."

• Bonnelle Rookie 6 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who decided to wait until tomorrow to start. Thanks Andrea! I got up this morning and just didn't have the energy to take off running so I walked my dog instead. Does anyone have tips on boosting energy first thing in the morning before heading out??

Thanks to the mom who posted the proper running video link. That helped me a lot. I haven't run since high school which has been a REALLY long time and I wasn't fond of it then either but I've been feeling the "push" to start running for a while. Hopefully I can stay on track since I have all of you doing it too!

• Billiebelle Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 28, 2010

Count me in.  I'm a sixty-three year old, overweight (40 pounds) female.  Many of my friends have health problems and can't run, so I have no excuse.  I've never done anything like this before, running or joining a group on-line.  I really need something to motivate me, and hopefully this is it.  Look forward to becoming friendly with all of you.

• Jackaroo26 Pro 66 posts since
    Jun 13, 2009

OK, I downloaded Audacity, and also this (http://web.me.com/iestynx/Couch_to_5K/Podcast/Podcast.html), which is c25k podcast that tells you when to start running or walking with no music, but I just can't seem to get that to overlay my music playlist. If anyone knows how to do this, please help! Thanks!

~Jackie Started c25k on 3/27/10 • Graduated (finally!) c25k on 8/28/10

Chase Corporate Challenge, Central Park, NYC, 3.5-mile race, 6/16/10, in 54:41 (5k time=48:14)

Marcum Workplace Challenge, Jones Beach, NY, 3.5-mile race, 8/3/10, in 53:00 (5k time=46:34)

"It's always better to run today." "Think of reasons to run instead of reasons not to."

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 94 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...