Skip navigation

927 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 6:01 PM by JNugBballer14 RSS
JKIDD5 Rookie 3 posts since
Apr 2, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 2, 2010 9:35 AM

can someone help me find competition, please?

I have been playing on my middle school team and a CYO team the last couple of years but want to step up the competition to elevate my game. I tried a Long Island Lightning team and it was pretty bad, and then this year it broke up. I appreciate any feedback: I am going into 9th grade, and need good competition in the Long Island area for any good travel teams...thanks.

• JNugBballer14 Pro 101 posts since
    Feb 1, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 2, 2010 6:01 PM (in response to JKIDD5)
    Re: can someone help me find competition, please?

Hey, i play for the Long Island Lightning (as you can tell by my name)! I am a girl and my team is the second best girls Lightning team in the 7th grade. Anyways, i think Long Island Lightning is a good organization. It just depends on the team. I know you said your team was pretty bad and that it broke up this year, but i strongly suggest giving Long Island Lightning another shot. Maybe this time you will find a good team that's right for you and you will like it. Just try-out again at Island Garden (i think you should know what that is). If you make the team practice with them and if you don't like it just don't play i guess. But don't blame Lightning on your misfortune it's all about the players and the coach. There are some other teams in our area but it depends on what town/county you live in and stuff. The others teams i know besides Lightning are more of city teams and i don't know if you want to do that. Anyways, i hope you give Lightning another shot. But if you decide not to you can always do FE Hoops (not as good) and i don't know of any other teams but i STRONGLY suggest giving Long Island Lightning another shot. I love it and so does everyone on my team and the other teams around the grade. Glad i found someone on this site who knows about Lightning and lives in my area. Good luck, best of wishes.

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better, and your better is best." ~Tim Duncan

* "Dare to be great." *

"Hard work, a positive attitude, confidence, and a smile are the keys to success."

Basketball is life....#14

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points